Author: greendragon

Gods, Demons, Philosophers and Angels... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-28 13:33:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by karenb at 2007-4-28 08:14
...For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."  ...

This is the very core doctrine of monotheism, "believe me or I'll curse you to death". Benevolence and love? Nahhhh... just for idiot believers.

[url]http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/0,1518,444787,00.html [/url]

Researchers Crusade against American Fundamentalists

When Richard Dawkins, a zoologist at Oxford University, steps up to the altar he seems visibly pleased to see the pews in the church fully occupied. In the best Queen's English, he reads from his book: "The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

[ Last edited by northwest at 2007-5-31 01:53 PM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-4 01:41:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by karenb at 2007-4-28 07:48
Granted, the Tang Emperor isn't around to refute my claims.  However, his words (promoting Christianity for all of China) were etched in stone, and stand in the Stone Stele Museum in Xi'an and you can go there and read them if you don't believe me. ...

This is creative though, use our respected historical figure to justify your nasty way to slave Chinese minds. A skillful propaganda tactics.

There's muslims bombing your church in mid-east and central Asia, you should go there instead of coming to China.

Ohh I forgot, China's fine and huge cultural heritage already make Chinese more refined than barbarians. Chinese don't even need your god to be decent. Your claim that your god will make us 'decent' is a big lie, you just came here to harvest what already achieved by our own civilization... without your warmongering god.

You wish to go to your (Christian) heaven? Muslims want you to go to their hell.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-31 13:20:11 |Display all floors

Christianity and its 'brother': Islamic Wahhabism

http://www.theglobalist.com/StoryId.aspx?StoryId=2955

Wahhabism Goes Global   

By Muqtedar Khan | Monday, February 24, 2003   

Wahhabism is a global condition - and not some Islamic initiative unleashed upon the rest of the world. From the world’s oldest democracy to the world’s largest democracy, one can see the festering of Wahhabi-like movements.

The elements of Wahhabism

They have this in common: They exist to sow seeds of hatred and intolerance against "others" - and seek to capture the state to make it an instrument of hate.

Wahhabism is a global condition - and not some Islamic initiative unleashed upon the rest of the world.

The Wahhabi sect or stream of Islam has been getting a lot of press lately. Wahhabis are, first, extremely intolerant of "others" who do not share their specific religious beliefs.

Second they are opposed to difference and pluralism. Third, they are anti-civil rights.

And fourth, Wahhabis are also extremely anti-secular - and they believe that the sole purpose of politics and the state is to serve their exclusivist and bigoted values.

There is a similar group of bigoted religious fundamentalists in the United States who are undermining the country's secular character, subverting the peaceful message of Christianity and polluting the socio-cultural environment of America.

They are American Wahhabis because they - like their Muslim counterparts - are intolerant of otherness and oppose the idea of secular civil rights.

They do not believe in the separation of church and state - and hate people of other faiths.

The Reverend Jerry Falwell, the Reverend Pat Robertson and the Reverend Franklin Graham are three of the most prominent, powerful and vocal representatives of American Wahhabism.

The Reverend Falwell and the Reverend Pat Robertson have called Muhammad - the Prophet of Islam - a terrorist. They have claimed that Islam and its teachings itself are the sources of violence. The Reverend Franklin Graham preached that Islam and its teaching are evil and wicked.

In the immediate aftermath of September 11, Reverend Jerry Falwell blamed abortionists, homosexuals and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) for angering God - thereby allowing the attacks to take place.

We have Christian Wahhabis too here : karenb

[ Last edited by northwest at 2007-5-31 01:51 PM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-10 12:54:07 |Display all floors
Jesus has blessed me, it is easy for me to have faith, seen so many beautiful signs, other people have seen too with me, not just the drawing from Jesus, and He is the way to God, demons, once felt darkness in the air then it seemed to come out of someones mouth, saying to me something Satan would maybe say to Jesus, never thought about angels really until the drawing appeared with an angel on it, in the past would hear people say the rapture is coming, would say to myself, I have a calling from Jesus, I'm not feeling it, then the drawing appeared and know now the rapture is coming, and have felt Jesus say to me more than once I come Home like an arrow of light  .

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-2-10 12:58:53 |Display all floors

Have you thought about getting together .......

With CJ ........

You have a lot in common .........

And it would keep you both busy for a long time  ............   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-10 13:13:00 |Display all floors
expatter Jesus says in the Holy Bible there will be division . How are you ?

[ Last edited by 5teacup at 2011-2-10 01:14 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-2-10 13:55:17 |Display all floors

Divided ................ ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.