Author: greendragon

Gods, Demons, Philosophers and Angels... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-6 14:23:13 |Display all floors

Reply to greendragon #124 post

All religion or ideology have a "specific slate of choices" or "set menu".
They use "object of worship" kongfu to create "attention" and "influence gaining".
Ambitious people tend to find "religious or ideological gangs" useful to gain power or financial benefits.
They need to be able to get good Public Relation (PR) to gain adherance.

Thank you for your insight Mr. Naga Hijau. I acknowledge this also. The colonialist and racist missionaries skillfully use this technique, hijacking Jesus to be their PR figure and claim ownership to everything in the earth. Really nasty. May they all thrown into their hell (if ever exist) for deliberately using their god's name for mundane motives.

Similarly, you would need to be able to work on your PR also.

I know, thank you. I've ever quarelled publicly with a missionary in public. I lose that argument, not because I have no sound reasoning, but because I was so pissed off that I show my anger. I need to learn from karenb, still need to show smile even if there's a sword hidden in our back.

Surely, you don't expect to gain followers with your brand of "Atheist religion"...without the use of an object of worship...yes, maybe that FLAG, rememberance of the founder "Mr. Mao"....
ha ha ha Still the same KONGFU!
Mr. Northwest, you cannot fight the TAO!

No one can't fight the Tao, not even their 'almighty god'. It's a natural cycle, when there's time of western prosperiry during these 2 hundred years, there will be also eastern glory during the next. Their 'god' is crying there somewhere because his sphere of influence is declining fast.

Ms. Karenb is a smart operator.......cunning! She recruited the Tang Emperor to her cause....ha ha ha.....the dead Emperor cannot refute her claims!!! Cunning Demon, this Karenb.

Yeah, this poisonous snake try to spread venom all over China by her smile and redefined history. That's why I don't have to exercise PR skill with her. Power counts... and monotheism kills, that's what we need to keep in mind.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 18:32:23 |Display all floors

Mr.Constantine

OH, boy..I just saw that Keanu Reeves/VERTIGO movie CONSTANTINE...on HBO.

...That puts me back to think on this thread on PHILOSOPHERS, GODS, DEMONS AND ANGELS...

The movie can be very illustrative...

Have you notice how similar the role of this actor are in his movies...

Keanu Reeves was:

Johnny Mnemonic - The cyber savior
Little Buddha - Siddartha
Matrix - The One
Constantine - The Cursed Savior
The Devil's Advocate - The savior and Devil's son
Dracula - The savior

just fun facts...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-10 12:54:07 |Display all floors

Reply #128 syncman's post

You got it all wrong Mr. Syncman....

the Gods, Demons, etc...are from our legacy..

Not an Amerikan Movie....
Might be in some Chinese inspired American movie..
but not all....

cheerios!

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-28 07:48:29 |Display all floors

Most profound statement, Mr. Greendragon

"Surely, you don't expect to gain followers with your brand of "Atheist religion"...without the use of an object of worship...yes, maybe that FLAG, rememberance of the founder "Mr. Mao"....

ha ha ha Still the same KONGFU!

Mr. Northwest, you cannot fight the TAO!"

You're absolutely right -- there's few "true" atheists in this world.  Everyone has some god in his life -- whether it is money, self, Chairman Mao, patriotism, or whatever.  No, you can't fight the TAO.  

"Ms. Karenb is a smart operator.......cunning! She recruited the Tang Emperor to her cause....ha ha ha.....the dead Emperor cannot refute her claims!!!"

Granted, the Tang Emperor isn't around to refute my claims.  However, his words (promoting Christianity for all of China) were etched in stone, and stand in the Stone Stele Museum in Xi'an and you can go there and read them if you don't believe me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-28 07:58:15 |Display all floors

God's culture

Mr. Northwest, you indicated that it was my objective "to Christianize China and make it subordinate to your culture."

You are right that it is my desire that Chinese people enjoy a relationship with the God that created them.  But you are wrong that I want them to be subordinate to my culture.

Subordinate, yes.  Subordinate to Western culture, NO!  

Then subordinate to what culture?  A culture that is "out of this world."

Romans 12:2 (from the Bible) says, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."

Some of the following verses (9-21) explain what this "culture" entails:
-Love must be sincere
-Hate what is evil, cling to what is good
-Be devoted to one another in brotherly love
-Be joyful in hope
-Be patient in trouble
-Share with those who are in need
-Practice hospitality
-Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse
-Rejoice with those who rejoice, mourn with those who mourn
-Live in harmony with one another
-Do not take revenge
-If your enemy is hungry, feed him, if he is thirsty, give him something to drink
-Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-28 08:14:06 |Display all floors

Can Christians do whatever they want?

Northest commented: "Prospective followers will prefer to be a Christian, there's so much fun and party there, Christmas is one, added by because just believe in Jesus, no matter what you do, including killings, shootings moslems, crusade etc etc, you still eligible to eternal life in heaven, as long as you follow the interpretation of liar-missionary. Is it right?"

As to the idea that as long as you "believe in Jesus" you can do whatever you want -- this is NOT a teaching of Christianity -- in fact, the very opposite is true.  The 6th chapter of the book of Romans in the Bible deals with this wrong idea:

"Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?  By no means!!  We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

...For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin.

...In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore, do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life.

...For sin shall not be your master.

...You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness."

...For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-28 13:27:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by karenb at 2007-4-28 07:58
Mr. Northwest, you indicated that it was my objective "to Christianize China and make it subordinate to your culture."

You are right that it is my desire that Chinese people enjoy a relationship with the God that created them.  But you are wrong that I want them to be subordinate to my culture.

Subordinate, yes.  Subordinate to Western culture, NO!  .

That's disgusting, by claiming that your god created us. We are not subordinate to your warmongering god. We fully control our own fate and your god are no more superior than anything within Chinese civilization. The myth about how god created the world in 6 days is still myth, not a fact how world created.

If you really believe your god is almighty and powerful, maybe you should just pray to him to wipe out your enemies from Jerusalem, leave us alone.

Your nasty politics is simply to consolidate position in China, a virgin soul market, to support your political cause using intolerant religious doctrines.

Then subordinate to what culture?  A culture that is "out of this world."

Romans 12:2 (from the Bible) says, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."

Some of the following verses (9-21) explain what this "culture" entails:
-Love must be sincere
-Hate what is evil, cling to what is good
-Be devoted to one another in brotherly love
-Be joyful in hope
-Be patient in trouble
-Share with those who are in need
-Practice hospitality
-Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse
-Rejoice with those who rejoice, mourn with those who mourn
-Live in harmony with one another
-Do not take revenge
-If your enemy is hungry, feed him, if he is thirsty, give him something to drink
-Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good ...

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,467489,00.html

These records contain countless contradictions. Both the Koran and the Bible's Old and New Testaments bear witness to a good and merciful God. They urge humans to live in peace and harmony. This is reflected most clearly in the instruction attributed to Jesus in the Hebrew Bible: "Love thy neighbor as thyself."

But these messages of brotherhood clash with sentiments that condone intolerance and violence: "For I came to set a son against his father, a daughter against her mother ..."; "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me"; "Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword." The prophet Mohammed also delivered harsh threats from Allah: "Fear the fire prepared for the infidels."

Throughout history, the Abrahamic religions' claim of absolute authority has exerted an irresistible appeal on fanatics, encouraging them to impose their own faith on nonbelievers and dissidents alike - if need be by using fire and the sword. To this day, nearly all religions supply the kindling that fuels wars and acts of persecution, sparks torture and murder, and inflames ethnic hatred. Examples abound: the bloody wars between Hindus and Muslims in India, or the enmity between Muslims and Christians in Indonesia.

For centuries, it seemed that the Abrahamic religions had come to terms with - and discarded - extremism. In the case of Christianity, this dates back to the Enlightenment, when the symbiosis between church and state collapsed and a new system of ethics emerged - one that was independent of faith in God and derived solely from social consensus.

Your religion is of a violent doctrine demand absolute obedience, even surpasssing respect from your own parents.

By claiming the whole world must obey him is simply insane. The muslim also demand so for their god, so what we have? Wars.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2007-5-24 08:43 PM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.