Author: greendragon

Gods, Demons, Philosophers and Angels... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-5 23:52:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by karenb at 2006-12-5 23:44
Is it really so "Western"?  After all, it all started in the East.  It only became Western later.

The Bible was translated into Chinese in the imperial library of Xi'an in AD 638, more ...

So let the Chinese practice Christianity by our own way, free from your racist interpretation and supremacist ego.

We have our own government appoved churches and that's enough. We don't need you.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-5 23:54:51 |Display all floors
"I have travelled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen one person who is a beggar or who is a thief. Such wealth I have seen in this country, such high moral values & people of such calibre, that I do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage."

(Lord McCauley in his speech of Feb 2, 1835, British Parliament)

So... by insulting and destroying our culture, you wish to do the same? To conquer us?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-6 00:11:00 |Display all floors

Insulting culture?

When?  I think I have taken the time to carefully study the Chinese culture, including her rich history.  I have lived here long enough to know a little about religion here.  If I repeat a comment that was originally made by several Chinese, about a Confucian temple in the city where I've lived for 5 years, that's hardly an insult -- especially when it's a factual statement.

I know enough of the Chinese culture, and her kind people, to know that you are not representative of the mainstream Chinese, Northwest.  Most Chinese would shudder and be embarrassed at your rudeness.

I'm completely supportive of the churches which are registered with the government, and I agree with you wholeheartedly that the Chinese churches should have their own indigenous churches with their own form of worship.  After all, Christianity was in China for about 1000 years before it was in my own country -- I have been here long enough to know that while the registered Chinese church has invited me to teach on occasion, that I am the one who is the true student, and have much more to learn from my Chinese brothers and sisters than I have to teach them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-6 00:22:40 |Display all floors
I'm completely supportive of the churches which are registered with the government, and I agree with you wholeheartedly that the Chinese churches should have their own indigenous churches with their own form of worship.  After all, Christianity was in China for about 1000 years before it was in my own country -- I have been here long enough to know that while the registered Chinese church has invited me to teach on occasion, that I am the one who is the true student, and have much more to learn from my Chinese brothers and sisters than I have to teach them.

That's a good point, you don't have any credentials to teach us about benevolence, tolerance and filial piety. We already place emphasize on those since Confucius. In fact all those fine qualities of the local Chinese are descended from our thousand of years traditions, not by following your god's order.

You and your kind just use god's name to extent your agenda. Expanding follower base, conquering soul market, global conquest etc etc are your really concern. To Christianize China and make it subordinate to your culture. That's what the constructivist theory of international relations talked about.

When?  I think I have taken the time to carefully study the Chinese culture, including her rich history.  I have lived here long enough to know a little about religion here.  If I repeat a comment that was originally made by several Chinese, about a Confucian temple in the city where I've lived for 5 years, that's hardly an insult -- especially when it's a factual statement.

If you're an atheist and like to choose a religion to follow, it's hard to choose Buddhism or Taoism, because they're not attractive or fun enough. Prospective followers will prefer to be a Christian, there's so much fun and party there, Christmas is one, added by because just believe in Jesus, no matter what you do, including killings, shootings moslems, crusade etc etc, you still eligible to eternal life in heaven, as long as you follow the interpretation of liar-missionary. Is it right?

I know enough of the Chinese culture, and her kind people, to know that you are not representative of the mainstream Chinese, Northwest.  Most Chinese would shudder and be embarrassed at your rudeness.

This is my real me, no need to make up myself by claiming I'm a god's messenger. You're not more sacred than me too.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2006-12-6 07:20 PM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-6 12:03:34 |Display all floors

Reply #123 northwest's post

Only 20% of people are fanatical-crazy about ideology, or religion! ....and the majority just do "blind adherance" on what seems to be beneficial.

All religion or ideology have a "specific slate of choices" or "set menu".
They use "object of worship" kongfu to create "attention" and "influence gaining".
Ambitious people tend to find "religious or ideological gangs" useful to gain power or financial benefits.
They need to be able to get good Public Relation (PR) to gain adherance.

Similarly, you would need to be able to work on your PR also.

Surely, you don't expect to gain followers with your brand of "Atheist religion"...without the use of an object of worship...yes, maybe that FLAG, rememberance of the founder "Mr. Mao"....

ha ha ha Still the same KONGFU!

Mr. Northwest, you cannot fight the TAO!

Ms. Karenb is a smart operator.......cunning! She recruited the Tang Emperor to her cause....ha ha ha.....the dead Emperor cannot refute her claims!!! Cunning Demon, this Karenb.

ha ha ha

Green Dragon
Lord of the code.

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2006-12-6 12:13 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-6 12:05:42 |Display all floors

If you use SEVERE methods....

.....you become a DEMON and its hard to maintain a large support base beyond your core fanatical group. The rest are obedient because of FEAR......

(Hope you remember the story of the First Emperor, Messrs. Shih. His weakling successor was swiftly overthrown by rivals, and Messrs. Lau finally managed to unite the country!!!!)

Afterall, people want to be "treated, the way they treat others"

cheeerios!

Green Dragon

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2006-12-6 12:09 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-6 12:22:08 |Display all floors

The correct word..."Indoctrination methods"

....it is a branch of "chanting"....

Green Dragon
Lord of the code
King

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.