Views: 18214|Replies: 31

How often do you bite your tongue/cheek/lip? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-18 09:35:58 |Display all floors
How often do you bite your tongue, or inside of your cheek, or lip?

Ok everybody, this is a stupid question, I know! But I am SERIOUSLY CURIOUS! Please answer, and answer honestly. Here's why I'm curious:

Event #1 - I bit my tongue REALLY HARD while I was eating. It hurt a lot, and I stopped eating for a moment and I couldn't talk because I had food in my mouth, and tears came to my eyes. My son said from the other room, "Are you ok?" and all I could do was go, "Aaaahhhngg" so he said, "Umm... is that a yes or a no?"

Event #2 - I immediately wondered how human beings can possibly bite themselves on accident. I felt really dumb. I realized I bite my tongue quite often, and maybe there's something wrong with my brain, like... I'm stupid. But no, I'm an intelligent person, so why on earth would I frequently bite myself?

Event #3 - I wondered "How frequently IS 'often'?" Maybe I don't bite my tongue often, how often do other people bite their tongues? Who would know such a thing? A dentist? Should I ask my question to a dentist, who sees numerous tongues each day and might notice bite marks, or maybe he learned it in school?

EVent #4 - I took matters into my own hands and made this poll.

So here I am, waiting to see how often other people anonymously admit to biting their tongues.

Thank you.
:)

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2006-8-19 09:04 AM ]
Single choice vote, There are a total of 0 people participating in the poll
0.00% (0)
2.86% (1)
14.29% (5)
14.29% (5)
5.71% (2)
14.29% (5)
14.29% (5)
14.29% (5)
20.00% (7)
0.00% (0)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-18 14:22:07 |Display all floors

I bit several times in my life...

I was told that if one frequently bites his/her tongue or cheeks, it might be the symptom of cerebral palsy.  However, I bit my tongue often during my childhood and in my 20's.

So, I don't care much of this saying because I know I don't have cerebral palsy.

I think, maybe my brain is slower than my mouth...  LOL

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-18 14:39:42 |Display all floors
a little funny

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-18 14:40:50 |Display all floors
i also bite my lip, seldom bite my tongue

but the feeling is really awful

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-18 14:42:25 |Display all floors
Event #1
i experienced such kinda event  

not so often for my part~~~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-18 15:19:52 |Display all floors
one more question:  do you bite it today???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-18 15:50:36 |Display all floors

Oh, painful

I often bite myself  when I was  gobbling my favor food, the sore would cure untill after a week, I think that is my fault,  if I eat slow that don't happen.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.