Views: 3346|Replies: 6

How to learn English in a fun way... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-16 20:03:26 |Display all floors
Over this summer holiday my wife came up with a new way for us to teach English to Chinese students.

Instead of spending one or more hours in a classroom learning from a book she invited her close friend
to send her young son to our home every second day.   He arrived around 10.00am each day and went
home about 4.00pm.   

When he was with us we only spoke English.   We went shopping and it was like being back in
Australia.   We played table tennis (ping pong), we walked in the park, we cooked meals together - we
tried to do everything and anything.   And it all had to be in English....

I suppose this is a cheap way of moving to another country.
(except you don't need to buy a plane ticket)

It was fun and I think with him being relaxed he learnt more in a short space of time.
(he also got to watch all the dvd's I brought with me on my last trip - all in English!!!)

I think the next step would be to have people stay over in the spare room and spend several days with us,
but I am not sure how this would work.

Anyway, just another idea for you guys out there to think about.

Ray

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-16 22:19:12 |Display all floors

A good way!

I think it will be a good way to study English.But I think the learner should know the basic vocabulary and grammar games.We will learn more through such communicate.

If one does not know anything about English,It will be very difficult to learn English by this way!

Study basic vocabulary and grammar games is necessary!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-16 22:52:47 |Display all floors

Fare call..

I agree with your comment, but!

I don't really think anybody would go to this method of using English unless they already had the basics
of English.

I didn't mention before that the boy who comes to our house is 13 and has a basic knowledge
already.   Our aim is to improve his English in a short space of time.

Thanks for your reply.
Ray

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-17 22:30:18 |Display all floors
i agree with one floor 's opinion"Study basic vocabulary and grammar games is necessary! "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-19 14:49:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freeness at 2006-8-17 22:30
i agree with one floor 's opinion"Study basic vocabulary and grammar games is necessary! "

Unfortunately they don't believe it here. They believe in following strictly to their text curriculum. To them, English cannot be learned if it is being taught only in English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-19 15:00:11 |Display all floors
maybe every english learner would like to communicate with foreigners in english . however,not everyone has the chance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-19 19:38:32 |Display all floors

the kid is luck

it is better to have a good or a native english speaker in the group which in order to improve the oral english. a good english environment is very very importment i think. some people have a english level and could never make a improvement, that beacuse we live in China and we need not speak english as the first english. i hope someone could speak english with me, but the requirement of my partner is that he/she have a good enlish speaking. it is hard to find one.
in a word,the kid is luck. i think his enlish will improve fastly.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.