Views: 28910|Replies: 123

America is richest country in the world [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-11 23:25:38 |Display all floors

America is richest country in the world, because rich and poor are almost equal. Poor can afford to buy a
car and eat the same food as rich.

Hillbilly, Black, Asian and etc........... are no different, if you willing to work hard you will definately have a good
life in the future.

No others countries in this world can do like America. America is "Land Of Oppunities"

[ Last edited by hillbilly107 at 2006-8-11 11:42 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-11 23:37:13 |Display all floors
basically, i have no objection to what u say...!   but it's really a 180 degree above turn (face)...! i am really

impressed...!:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-12 00:42:08 |Display all floors

Im sorry...but if that is your standard for what is a rich country..

then i have to say that i think Australia is richer!  People can remain on unemployed benefits for their whole life.  In the US its only 6 months or something

OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-12 00:55:42 |Display all floors
Ah, hillbilly, you poser you. If you actually were from the US, actually were a hillbilly, and actually had your eyes open, you'd know there's a huge gap between rich and poor. OK, maybe they both can afford lunch and a car (if they save), but the poor will get lunch at McDonald's and a crappy, 30-year-old rusted-out car, while the rich will get lunch at Four Seasons and a brand-new Rolls-Royce.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-12 02:54:11 |Display all floors

A hillbilly thinks black & asians are the same as him??? heehee...

Agree with sock - except there ARE actually a LOT of people who can't afford a car, even an old beat-up one. A woman I worked with (she had a full time job!) could not afford a car, she was a single mom with 3 kids, and finally one day an old man she knew had to stop driving due to poor eyesight, so he only asked her for $400 for his junky old car. She couldn't even get up that much on the spur of the moment, so our boss was kind enough to lend her the money. Her family could not even lend her that much. And many will never have cars especially in inner cities where they are not as necessary anyway. The priorities are food, rent and utility bills. Cars are not even on the list.

Some people are poor enough to receive food benefits from the gov't. Perhaps they won't starve, but they are not eating healthy nutritious food. Their food shopping cart is filled with:
-  the cheapest boxes of macaroni & cheese, etc (little nutrition)
-  canned vegetables because they are cheaper than fresh or frozen but have less nutrition,
-  kid's drinks that are nothing but sugar, water, & color (and fake flavors)
-  cheap processed fatty meats like bologna & cheap hot dogs (rarely steak or "whole" meat)
-  the cheapest white bread (little nutrition)
etc....

If I was rich, this would be my shopping cart:
- whole grain breads, cereals & pasta (3-4x more expensive than the cheapest)
- lean fresh meats for my son (definitely more $$)
- fresh organic vegetables & fruits (3-8x more expensive than canned)
- 100% pure juices (3-4x more$$ than above drinks)

Those two shopping carts are VASTLY different in terms of total price, AND nutritional value, definitely affecting the health of the lucky eaters.

There is NO WAY everyone eats the same, or poor people can afford to eat what rich can eat, and I'm not even talking about fancy restaurants for show, I'm talking about shopping from the same food store.

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2006-8-12 06:02 AM ]
healthy.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-12 05:02:02 |Display all floors

National Debt is

over a Trillion dollars which means every American is in debt for $20,000 plus.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-12 09:57:08 |Display all floors

The government has gotten my $20K several times over....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.