Author: ptbptb

an ugly chen shui-bian [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-8 11:51:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2006-9-5 23:42

I access the pro-independence Taipei Times from mainland China and it's not blocked as you may suggest. Maybe there's some differences here... I believe Taiwan's economy is deteriorating and yo ...

I think DPP is doing better in block information from the mainland. some guys here still hold on things happened before mainland carried out its opening and reforming policy. what a pity...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-8 12:14:04 |Display all floors

crazyazn

Originally posted by crazyazn at 2006-12-29 16:25

First son-in-law sentenced

2006/12/28
The China Post Staff

First son-in-law Chao Chien-ming was convicted of insider trading and sentenced to six years in prison yesterday in the latest  ...

Abian is doing very good job in blocking investment in the mainland and direct flights between the strait. Abian refused agricultural production export to the mainland. Abian spends billions of dollars to buy weapons and bribe those dwarf countries in Africa and South America. What a great president of him!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-8 12:36:39 |Display all floors

pinko7

Originally posted by pinko7 at 2007-4-12 18:12
imagine if taiwan's economy and politics wasn't healthy...this place would be flooded with cheshire cat grins blinding us all

do you know why taiwan's economy is healthy? it is because the support of the mainland. the future of taiwan enterprises and economy depends on the mainland, i am telling you. can you imagine what will happen if the economy in this isolated island were out of the custody of mainland? the taiwan economy is already integrating with china's, sooner or later taiwan will integrate politically integrate with the mainland. you want independence? well , you'd better suggest all taiwan companies withdraw from the mainland overnight, or else you cannot afford to be independent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-13 18:09:48 |Display all floors

we all have china to thank

Originally posted by cartkingsky at 2007-5-8 12:36

do you know why taiwan's economy is healthy? it is because the support of the mainland. the future of taiwan enterprises and economy depends on the mainland, i am telling you. can you imagine wha ...

for a while now china has been "the factory of the world", where other countries can cheaply produce goods using the large chinese labour force who will work for a very low wage...now china has also become "the marketplace of the world" where many other countries(not just taiwan) are able to sell their products to a very large and growing market...this is causing countries all around the world to become economically and politically closer to china, (evident in the number of countries severing diplomatic ties with taiwan and initiating them with china)...does this mean that we will all become so close that our governments become merged? i don't think so, not anytime soon at least...taiwan is a lot better off in terms of it's independence from china than many here would like to make out...it's true that it exports mainly end up in china, but it imports twice as much from japan as it does from china...another thing that allows taiwan independence is the fact that three quarters of it's gdp are contributed by services sector...these are just economic reasons that allow taiwan to be independent...the political reasons are much clearer i hope you know those at least...thanks for the questions, rhetorical as they were...
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-27 04:16:47 |Display all floors

Reply #1 ptbptb's post

He (Chen Shui-bian) is but only an unscrupulous and soulless politician who has brought upon the people of Taiwan untold misery. He is using diversion tactics to cause maximum chaos amongst the people to save his family and his own skin. He is a doomed man. He has all the right to belittle himself in front of the "liowais". My sympathy goes to the people of Taiwan. They do not deserve a person like Chen Shui-bian. As the song 'limbo rock' goes - "how low can he go?"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-27 05:10:10 |Display all floors

But the beat goes on...

Originally posted by bbsquare at 2007-7-26 14:16
My sympathy goes to the people of Taiwan. They do not deserve a person like Chen Shui-bian.

Last time I checked, Taiwan was doing just fine with the status quo as much as P.R. China was.  For all the talk of harmony and peace - sometimes a little craziness is needed to keep the people going.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-10 17:18:23 |Display all floors

i just want pease

I want peace ,I don't want war, I’m sure almost all of the Chinese people will agree with me.
Peace will be the 21th’s theme and eliminating poor/disease/the gulf between rich and poor/saving resource will be our mission. But now somebody want to breach this beautiful life just in order to satisfied self-interest. What do we shall do when we encounter this kind of person. In my opinion, the best method to solve this problem is to expel that person out of our country .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.