Author: mikeghet

Have you proven God does not exist? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-30 14:36:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by benwah at 6-30-2006 14:17
You should believe in green leperchauns for the same reason you should believe in God.
I guess the real question here is why would you believe in God? And why would you believe in green leperchaun ...

read the thread to find out reasons why some belive a creator does or might exist.

i don't need to convince you to believe in anything at all.  simply post your opinions/facts as to why you think a creator/god does not exist.  i might comment on them and i might not. :)

so far it seems your theory is that since leprechauns can't be proven and therfore true, a creator must not be able to be true either.  is that right, or ??

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-6-30 02:39 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-30 14:39:02 |Display all floors

haha

quote]Originally posted by mikeghet at 2006-6-30 13:40
i have yet to prove a creator exists just as much as nobody has disproved a creator exists....

... [/quote]
l haven't disputed that.

since a creator hasn't been disproved, why is it so unfathomable that one (or more) might exist?

and l've twice conceded the possibility that a creator might exist...

also, which seems more illogical to you, party1 or party2?

that's a tough question... and l ain't no philosopher
in some ways l find it hard to imagine a beginning to time...space...the universe...
to me the idea that it has always and will always exist, seems more logical...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-30 14:46:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by otis22 at 6-30-2006 14:39
that's a tough question... and l ain't no philosopher
in some ways l find it hard to imagine a beginning to time...space...the universe...
to me the idea that it has always and will always exist, seems more logical...

i used to think the same way, then i seen a light one night...yeah, just joking.   :)

actually, some physicists that don't subscribe to a religion believe that a creator probably created the universe  and it wasn't until the last couple years i've listend to their arguments as being legitimate.  clearly i don't know for sure, but to me, now, it's seems more plausible than thinking there's no beginning to anything and everyhing was created out of itself without a greater force.

on a side note it's been interesting to see that the most unreasonable people so far, in my opion, have been the people that are NOT religous...while the religous people are mostly hiding in the shadows.  quite contrary to what most non-christians label christians, i think.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-30 15:18:18 |Display all floors

considering the title of the thread...

Originally posted by mikeghet at 2006-6-30 14:46

while the religous people are mostly hiding in the shadows.

l don't find this very surprising... weren't you looking to provoke the nonbelievers?

supposing there is a creator, what do you think "it" (for want of a better word) is doing now? still influencing our world? perhaps creating new universes? :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-30 15:21:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by otis22 at 6-30-2006 15:18

l don't find this very surprising... weren't you looking to provoke the nonbelievers?

supposing there is a creator, what do you think "it" (for want of a better word) is doing ...

dunno, maybe 'it' is dead....maybe it never existed.  maybe it is asking questions about its own origin...   

maybe, in some far away distant world we are all in a fishtank that is being used by a 12th grader for a science project....

dunno, but when i find out i'll fill ya in!!   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-30 15:33:44 |Display all floors
god, seems like this will be a years old thread later... :&
I wanna enjoy the sunshine and beach hand in hand with you forever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-30 15:34:04 |Display all floors
I wanna enjoy the sunshine and beach hand in hand with you forever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.