Views: 2423|Replies: 3

Something Strange......... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-15 23:31:47 |Display all floors
I've just found out a curious phenomenon. Once a foreigner(whether English or not) posts a message seeking a friend or just talking about his or her experiences, there would  be thousands of clicks and ages of replies.  

Sometimes I really doubt the minds of those respondents. If that's someone in an English-spoken country, I think that'd be natural for us chinese and English learners to have a word with him or her.  But if that's someone in Holland or other countries, so keenly engaging in contacting seems a little absurd.  Maybe those people are much more internationally friendly than me.  But, in my opinion it may seem frantically absorbed in getting to know a foreigner or two, which reflect some dark aspect of human nature, worshiping  everything foreign mindlessly.

After all that's only my personal opinions, sorry if it ever hurts someone's "patriotic" heart.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-16 01:58:10 |Display all floors
exactly

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-17 14:01:58 |Display all floors

maybe you have the bias at them....

i don't agree with your opinion .....anyway ....anyone have their own opinions ,but as to me ,i think they just inteseted in studying abroad or the life abroad .....etc..you know ,maybe it' will be  helpful in the near  future....
so pls don't use your prejudiced eyes to look others
tha's my opinion ~~~
i have a simple dream.........a simple dream ............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-19 19:43:35 |Display all floors
Well, every coin has two sides. I admit most viewers want to improve their English and make friends with foreigners, but some do not. And my emphasis lies on the fact that keenly engaging in getting to know some native speakers will not lead to your fluency and excellency of a foreign language.  

Chatting with foreigners has quite slight effect on improving English, for they won't explain grammar or structures patiently to you, I'm afraid.  However, I won't deny the benefits those conversations bring you, then the real problem is why you are sure those foreigners will contact after you find the huge number of people writing down their mail box or MSN or QQ, which is quite ironical.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.