Author: dupodong

what's your favorite quotation? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-4 10:03:29 |Display all floors

Yes, but will you look further with me? :)

But, since yin & yang are working together, is it "beyond" right & wrong, as dupodong's quote suggested? It suggested "going beyond it", beyond all those opposites. Why? I think, to understand that nothing is right or wrong, everything just is what it is, if we are caught up in right & wrong we are trapping ourselves and not seeing that wonderful world... and also I think, right & wrong somehow (thanks to, and according to the Universe, Tao, God, whatever) all balance out. So if yinyang is a balancing force where right & wrong are swirled together balancing each other out, perhaps yinyang is "beyond it". Yinyang IS after all, ONE thing, constantly moving and swirling, it is not really two separate things, it is one concept and one image, no? (maybe not, I don't know).

I am not set in what I''m saying, I am just exploring it out loud, it's a new concept for me, and I'm enjoying thinking about it. Can anyone understand what I'm saying, even if you don't agree? forgive me if I'm not making sense.

If I believe in yinyang, does that mean I must believe in right & wrong? Can I believe in yinyang but not right & wrong?
If yinyang is right and wrong, are they suggesting going beyond yinyang too?

I have heard it suggested that we can go beyond karma, maybe yinyang is also such a tool? Oh please now dupodong, look what you've started. You have caused me to throw my yinyang dependency out the window and need a straightjacket! How can I teach taiji without yinyang?!?!?

And NOW what do I do with all my taiji T-SHIRTS?!?!?:'(

"To yinyang, or not to yinyang? That is the question."
My head is now confused.
fqyinyang.jpg
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-4 10:52:17 |Display all floors

Reply #64 freakyqi's post

Don't worry too much dear.

I read a book on the Tao of meditation

and seems YinYang will merge into one where we find everything beautiful.

Like male/female merge into one to find the beautiful love.

So can you please remove that YinYang and let me see your pretty FACE?
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-4 11:48:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2006-5-4 10:52
Don't worry too much dear.

I read a book on the Tao of meditation

and seems YinYang will merge into one where we find everything beautiful.

Like male/female merge into one to find the beau ...

Aww..... you are so sweet. Ok, I'll take a deep breath.
Ahhh.....   :)

So in this diagram, wuji changes into taiji/yinyang. So it will change back to wuji again? Will that be the end of the Universe???? Oh, no, you've got me worked up again. *sigh....*

So you want to see my pretty face, do you? I will remove the yinyang when the confusion is removed, and only for those who help me remove the confusion. You have helped me remove some, so if you really want to see me, you can PM me with some more flattering and wise words, and I'll see what I can do. Flattery will get you everywhere.
wuchi.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-4 14:08:28 |Display all floors

Reply #66 freakyqi's post

YES, if i remember correctly, one meditate till one reach Wuji and achieved the ultimate......................

Nothing more to do, the life is done, smiles always appears on your face......

So can i or we see your pretty face!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 09:26:27 |Display all floors
Ok caringhk, I will let you see my face. I don't mind showing my pictures to people I feel are not creepy lunatics. So feel honored, for I do not think you are a creepy lunatic. But, to stay on topic, first I will paste some quotations about faces:

"It matters more what's in a woman's face than what's on it."  ~Claudette Colbert, quoted in Kindling the Spirit by Lois P. Frankel

"I think your whole life shows in your face and you should be proud of that."  ~Lauren Bacall

"After a certain number of years, our faces become our biographies."  ~Cynthia Ozick, The Paris Review

and last but not least:

"There are mystically in our faces certain characters which carry in them the motto of our souls, wherein he that cannot read A, B, C may read our natures."  ~Sir Thomas Browne

Now go check your PM box for my face!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 14:03:57 |Display all floors

Reply #68 freakyqi's post

Thxs pretty face, for showing me your pretty face.

So when we can be face to face?

That's is a fact we have to face.

I think there is a song about pretty face.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-8 07:49:59 |Display all floors

achievement is founded on diligence ,and wasted upon recklessness

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.