Views: 73718|Replies: 332

what's your favorite quotation? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-12 10:47:56 |Display all floors
as we all know that a good word can warm even a bad heart. and a wise sentence can heal a simple soul. and a beautiful verse can light your common appearance. and a sunny quotation maybe could help you overcome all the clouds that's troubling you.
so my dear friends online, please write down your favorite quotations here, and share it with all of us, and make the ordinary everyday-life a eternal sunshine before your eyes.
so, let's go for it! right now!

and please allow me to put the first quote here for the best one that you'll post~~~
i'm looking forward to your amazing quotes~~

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.
                                                     ----------Jeff Valdez

Research is the process of going up alleys to see if they are blind.
                                                     ----------Marston Bates

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved .
                                                     -----------Victor Hugo , French novelist

[ Last edited by dupodong at 2006-4-12 11:09 AM ]
036bj.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-12 10:57:57 |Display all floors
Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness!

But I don't exactly remember who writes this words!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-12 11:15:40 |Display all floors

Reply #2 benemaru's post

curse the dark, praise the light, forgive the innocent sinner, and love one another.
                                                                                         ------source unknown

[ Last edited by dupodong at 2006-4-12 11:22 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-12 11:37:12 |Display all floors
I am so sorry,dupodong. Because of my poor English,I can not translate my  favorite chinese quotations into English accurately.but,I write my favorite sentence still:

the reason that you are lower than other people is you are giving  a knee to him.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-12 11:48:42 |Display all floors

Reply #4 pinkfog's post

Originally posted by pinkfog at 2006-4-12 11:37
I am so sorry,dupodong. Because of my poor English,I can not translate my  favorite chinese quotations into English accurately.but,I write my favorite sentence still:

the reason that you are low ...

excellent translation!
it remind me of another quote alike,

the "God" is the one whom you kneel down before,
but when you draw you up and stand firm to your feet,  you'll see nothing but the infinite sky.
                                                      ------source unknown

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-12 12:38:59 |Display all floors
Just do it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-12 12:44:15 |Display all floors
"He told me that once he forgot himself & his heart opened up like a door with a loose latch & everything fell out & he tried for days to put it all back in the proper order, but finally he gave up & left it there in a pile & loved everything equally." --Brian Andreas

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.