Author: mollymoo

NATURE pics / my travel photos took in Shanghai&Suzhou...!!!1 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-21 10:50:00 |Display all floors

Reply #41 freakyqi's post

More about mountains in BJ.

Spring outing: Head to the Hills

Updated: 2006-04-17 18:16

Tired of breathing murky city air and worried about your spreading silhouette? Sounds like you need some fresh mountain air! Follow Citylife's alpenstock as we take you on a tour of the best mountain escapes in the Beijing area.  

Here are 12 recommended mountains near or inside Beijing for an easy spring outing:

1. Fenghuangling (Phoenix Mountain) to the northwest of Beijing City boasts beautiful natural scenery and historical legends. Springs babble through mountains where ancient temples nestle among many kinds of plants. Fenghuangling is sometimes called Small Huangshan or Yellow Mountain, and is one of the four most famous mountains in Western Beijing. The average temperature in spring and autumn is 23 Celsius.

How to get there: Take Badaling Highway, it takes about 30 minutes from Beijing's Madianqiao (on North 3rd Ring Road) to Fenghuanling.

2. Hongluoshan in north Beijing is famous for its great variety of plants and the steep hillside is a favorite of mountaineers. From the top of Hongluoshan, farmlands stretch to the horizon between rolling mountains and sparkling lakes.

How to get there: Take Jingmilu Road and get off at Huairou Exit. Take Hongluolu Road in the north and go continue for 5 km.

3. Yunxiugu is north of Beijing, next to Simatai Great Wall. Apart from its scenery and cultural relics, Yuchoushan is most famous for its international hunting ground and clay pigeon shooting range.

How to get there: Take Jingchenglu Road to Tanghe Daqiao. Make a right turn, and continue for 8 km.

4. Baiwangshan is the closest forest garden to downtown Beijing. The numerous forest trees in this mountain area near the Summer Palace ensure the air is fresh and crisp.
How to get there: Go through Xiaoying Island, Shangdi Island, and then head due west.

5. Jiufeng, has a forest garden like Baiwangshan but is much higher and better for mountaineering.

How to get there: Take Badaling Highway and get off at Beianhe Exit. Take Beiqinglu Road and follow the road signs.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-21 10:51:32 |Display all floors

Part 2 - Reply #41 freakyqi's post

6. Lingshan, to the west of Beijing is said to be the highest mountain in Beijing at 2,303m. The mountain is almost completely untouched, with little man-made-development and some rare animals, such as Tibet yaks, Yili horses and so on.

How to get there: Take the 109 National Highway, and follow the road signs.

7. Mangshan, named after its python shape, is located to the north of Beijing. It's well-known for its five superlatives: it has the greatest variety of trees, the biggest Buddha statue, the longest mountaineering staircase, an ancient pagoda (Beijing's tallest) and the biggest man-made lake on top of the mountain.

How to get there: Take Jiangchang Highway and get off at Changpin Xiguan Exit. Go along Changping Zhengfujie to Dongguan traffic island. Go north along Shuikulu Road and follow the road signs.

8. Miaofengshan scenic spot is located in the west of Beijing. It's best known for its Jinding (Golden Top) Miaohui-a traditional Chinese get-together to celebrate holidays or the birthday of Chinese patron saints. The huge rose garden is another popular spot.

How to get there: Take the 109 National Highway at Longquan Hotel to Danlicun. Turn right to get to Miaofengshan.

9.West Mountain Badachu has eight scenic spots, as its name indicates. There are eight temples on the mountain; the first two are located at the foot, a third is higher up, the next three are half way up, a seventh is on top, and the last one is on top of the opposite mountain.

How to get there: Go west at Hangtianqiao to Jinyuanqiao. Take Badachulu Road at Yangzhuang Donglu and head north.

10. Xiangshan (Fragrant Mountain) is located in the west of Beijing and is famous for its autumn maple leaves. There are many royal palace relics here from different stages in Xiangshan's long history and some of which are very well preserved.

How to get there: Take Sihuan (the 4th Ring Road) at Sijiqingqiao and follow the road signs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-21 10:54:42 |Display all floors

Part 3 - Reply #44 caringhk's post

Recommended for ladies:-

1. Sunglasses: Dark glasses with polarized lenses give the best protection from sun and snow glare.

2. Swimsuit.

3. Handkerchief: Can be tied over hair to prevent it from being caught by branches, or worn on the wrist to be used as facial wipe.

4. Headlamp: Useful for night safety, reading or in case of emergency.

5. Walking stick: Can reduce pressure on knees and other joints when climbing up or going down mountains, and can be used to drive away wild animals.

6. Zip-Lock bags: Great for storing mobile phones, GPS, MP3 players, batteries and cameras when it's raining. Dirty clothes, socks, underwear, and other things can also be put in zip-lock bags. In emergency, they can be used to store water.

7. Water jug: Recommended brands are Laken from Spain, Sigg from Switzerland, and Chinese jugs used by soldiers.

Where to buy:

1. Z-top Outdoor Shop
Provides a comprehensive range of outdoor equipment, including shoes and clothes, tents, sleeping bags, jugs, head lamps, and more. Brands stocked include Garmont, Laken , Sigg, and Oyea.

Location 1: 600 m south of Madian Bridge, on the west side of the sub-road, Xinfengjie Crossroad, Dewai Dajie, Xicheng District
Tel: 010-82272992/82272993
Fax: 010-82272991

Location 2: 1F, Building 12, Huaqingjiayuan, Chengfulu, Haidian District
Tel£º010-82863432/82863422
Fax: 010-82863432

Location 3: 3F, Huanxia Tiyu, No. Jia 4, Tiyuguanlu, Chongwen District
Tel: 010-67102125
Fax: 010-67184852

Location 4: No. 50, Zhichunlu, Haidian District
Tel: 010-82111188/82110101

2. Sanfo Outdoors Shop

China's largest local outdoors shop, and is a Gore-Tex retail partner. Brands stocked include Arcteryx, Asolo, Montrail, Anemaqen, Coleman, Salewa, Columbia, Lafuma, La Sportiva, Ferrino, Ttiss, Airwolf, Acme, Airwaves, Camp, Holiday£¬Laken, Sigg£¬Suntto, Petzl Le Mont, and Leki.

Location 1 (shoes shop): No. 3, Building 2, Madian Nancun, Xicheng District
Tel: 010-62011333/82021113 ext. 12

Location 2 (outdoor equipment shop): No. 5, Building 4, Madian Nancun, Xicheng District
Tel: 010-62015550/62015559 ext. 11

Location 3: 1F, Jinzhiqiao Mansion, No. Jia 1, Jianwai Daijie, Chaoyang District
Tel: 010-65079298/65301915

Customer service: 010-62011333/82021113 ext. 19
EMAIL: service@sanfo.com.cn

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-21 13:16:44 |Display all floors

welcome!!!!

Originally posted by kossutin at 2006-4-20 03:05
I though I  could post some pictures of finland nature, I only need to find some good picture :)

ok,everyone can show his/her pics here.....
let`s enjoy them together.....
~★~大家好~★~

▄︻┳┻═ - - - - - - -

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-21 13:17:47 |Display all floors

and i`ll go to.......

i`ll  go to travel to Suzhou city,Zhouzhuang town tomorrow----my fov city....

so happy....

i`ll take many pics n post them here:p

ok.....i`m back...this is Suzhou
Suzhou----beautiful gardern city!!!!!

[ Last edited by mollymoo at 2006-7-12 03:22 PM ]
eDFwbUFrbmR6SA==_igNiQfI6rAOd.jpg
~★~大家好~★~

▄︻┳┻═ - - - - - - -

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-21 13:53:18 |Display all floors

Reply #47 mollymoo's post

Good for you.
Enjoy the trip.
And the scenery.

I don't know you about boys?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-21 22:25:15 |Display all floors
Good,i like it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.