Author: mollymoo

NATURE pics / my travel photos took in Shanghai&Suzhou...!!!1 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-19 00:41:31 |Display all floors
谢谢 mollymoo!

可是... "加油!"???

Add oil or grease??? You put it with lips, maybe you are suggesting I should wear more lipstick?

Ok, seriously, I have been enjoying the nature pictures. If I didn't have a son, I would stay in a rural part of China to teach, to get to know what it's like. But my son will be too bored and unhappy, so I am choosing a big city for now, so he can have things to do and some conveniences like home, so he will not miss home as much. I don't want to have a miserable teenager on my hands for a year! (and it wouldn't be fair to him). Maybe someday, or maybe after a year in a city in China he will be more willing to go to a more extreme place.
:)
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-19 08:18:02 |Display all floors
Hehehe... 加油 is kind of like "go for it!" People yell it at sports competitions or say it for encouragement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-20 00:07:35 |Display all floors
Ah! 谢谢 sockmonkey! I bow to your great Chinese skills! (sorry, there is no bowing smiley). Maybe I'll PM you later if you don't mind, I don't want to take up people's posts with questions about you - I'm just wondering things like how well do you speak Chinese, and when (if) you've been there, are you going again, how/where did you learn Chinese, etc. Forgive me if you've already told me some of that. I have a horrible memory.

About NATURE again- That is one thing I'm worried about missing if I live in Beijing. Can anyone tell me some ways to get to nature from there? Like.... I imagine I can take a bus to the Great Wall. Where else can I go to be in some trees or mountains or by a river or something? I've heard you can go "drifting" (rafting in a river) nearby. Is that far, and is it expensive? We will miss nature.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-20 03:05:46 |Display all floors
I though I  could post some pictures of finland nature, I only need to find some good picture :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-20 14:05:12 |Display all floors

Reply #38 freakyqi's post

There is Mt Wutai near BJ.

Also big rivers are running thru BJ so you will be near nature.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-20 14:16:00 |Display all floors
What is Mt Wutai? Is it part of the Great Wall? Or just a plain mountain? Can I go there and walk through some trees, or sit and enjoy the view and maybe fresh air? Can I sit and draw a picture of the scenery? If I did that on the great wall would people think I was crazy? What if I brought some paints and painted some scenery, would they call me a crazy white lady?

Goodnight for now!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-20 14:24:51 |Display all floors

Reply #41 freakyqi's post

It is Mountain Wutai(MT for short)
Shld be a big or huge mountain with many trees.
And is the place for the wisest Buddha's Bodhisattva Mansjusri( Wern Wern Ser Li)

Sure you can paint. I think the scenery is beautiful to capture yr heart.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.