Author: eightyeight

What Do You Think Is The Meaning Of Life? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-11 14:28:04 |Display all floors

This is really cool!

Hello all!
I just signed into this forum and I'm new here.
I came upon this thread and thought it would be only fitting to enter my first thoughts here, on the meaning of life.

Which for me is:  Once I learn something I always strive to reach the next level in life.  
Whatever that may be.  :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-15 16:05:54 |Display all floors

meaning of life

kindness, respect, pain, joy,  God. Everything else is a subset of these 5 concepts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 05:52:27 |Display all floors
What you think, feel or do, your social interactions or effect on this planet are not the 'meaning of life' in my opinion.

There is no purpose or meaning beyond playing part in a vast electro-chemical process that is the universe as we know it.

What is? None of us can know this as we are physically bound by the forces of our environment.

Look around at us at the role we humans play, we're not significantly different from ants or bacteria. Why should there be a 'meaning' to our existence? I don't think there is. We live on a spinning rock. We (some of us) are wrecking our world with rapidity under a banner of capitolism or some other ideological nonsense. Socially most people fear one another and are unhappy (according to studies).

All we can do while we're here is make the journey as pleasant as possible (for all). But I don't think this matters to anyone or anything other than we humans.

Regards, Lloyd  (If you would like to comment:  micromail @ gmx.net)

* I searched for truth all of my life, found it. Was unbearably lonely. Then learned through Philosophy that Truth and Compassion (or the like) are necessary together.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 21:02:09 |Display all floors
we should donnot make us regret

Use magic tools Report

sunnylotus has been deleted
Post time 2006-5-18 00:29:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

freda66 has been deleted
Post time 2006-5-18 09:50:26 |Display all floors

Re

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-18 10:48:57 |Display all floors

fight

Fight!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.