Views: 5427|Replies: 19

which u prefer,u move to europe with ur bf or he come to live in china? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-27 15:36:52 |Display all floors
as chinese girls are amost all the only-child of family, i do wonder which u prefer? seems family relationship r very of vital importance here.  but marrying a foreigner involves the problem who is gonna to sacrifice. for chinese girls, what u think? and for non-chinese, what u think?
besides, do u think different family background will affect their marriage and future life? is transnational marriage doomed to be a failure? any suggestion?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-28 00:49:47 |Display all floors
I am at the begnning of this process.  I would not ask thew person I am seeing to leave China, her family and her friends.  It would have to be her choice.  I am currebtly learning mandarin, taking cultural class etc to get accustomed to what life will be like in China.  Life in china will be so different but its a challenge you would have to overcome if you want the relationship to work.  

In any relaionship sacrifices have to me made, being from different backgrounds does not make it easy but if you work at the relationship then I am sure it can work out otherwise I would not want to be in china right now so badly.  Life is never easy it always throws cahllenges at you its up to you to grab them with both hands

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-28 02:27:50 |Display all floors

Well ...

All marriages need work - irrespective of whether the people are from the same culture or country. So any marriage can be doomed if the parties do not work at building something that lasts!

However, I must not give too many clues since there is a poll about me right now!!

I prefer the quality of life in my country and I have reasons why I need to live in my country. For these reasons I expect my future to be here and that my relationship (ah no more clues for the voters) will also be here.

Those who are bored and trawl through my past posts should learn a bit more about my reasons and experiences. Haha
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-28 04:10:32 |Display all floors
I am an American female, and I will be living in China soon for about a year. I have imagined "what if" I were to meet someone there and fall in love. I'm not expecting it, and that's certainly not why I'm going, but I have a big imagination, so the thought has crossed my mind. I have other life obligations that would confuse the issue, but I think I might be willing to move to China if I was in love. I can't imagine being in love with someone and LEAVING him, so I guess I would have to seriously consider staying. It would not be out of the question for me to move to China.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-28 04:17:56 |Display all floors
hmmm...
She'll really have to be something else for me to toss it all and move to China.
"扶摇万重兮,
放我麒麟冲荡。
清清渭水兮,
舞我手中霓裳。 "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-28 05:03:48 |Display all floors

Find out what is the best option for both parties.

Factors that should be examined closely like, job oppertunity, housing issue, environmental issue, health care issue, school(for future kid) issue, political issue, immediate family and relatives issue. I guess in that order will be fine.

[ Last edited by thunderbird at 2006-2-28 08:13 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-28 07:29:05 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
www.modelminority.com

www.xanga.com/ric2

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.