Views: 4941|Replies: 5

Entertaining football [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-14 15:04:00 |Display all floors
Well,I guess it's the right forum to post a thread asking which league you think is the most entertaining one and the reasons for your choice.

To me,I've been thinking the premiership has by far been the most entertaining and fascinating league with its high tempo set from the very beginning of the game till the end.
English footy players on the pitch play the ball with passion and fans just go crazy each time the ball flies to the box.In defense,supporters also clap their lads after a fine clearance by their full-back.
Taking passion both from players and fans into account,I'm going with the premiership here.
Plus,statistics indicate even the championship(the second tier of English league system)have the 4th highest attendance.

well above are just my two cents.Your ideas and thoughts are truly very much appreciated.thx.

Use magic tools Report

fangxuan has been deleted
Post time 2006-2-15 10:19:12 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-16 10:47:02 |Display all floors
Now I am willing to say Serie A has been degenerated by silly management, turbid referee.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-18 18:50:01 |Display all floors
well said fangxuan.i just hope more will come and join in the discussion.

[ Last edited by gloryhunter at 2006-2-18 07:02 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-18 20:06:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fangxuan at 2006-2-15 10:19
Yes, Premiership is definitely a good one. But If you're from England, you don't know China's tradition of watching games - It all started from Serie A, as it's the only European league that was br ...

damn....me'z chinese,living in china...but fancy English football.

plus,you'll hear fans' passionate chants ,which may include swearing words though.You may hear fans insulting "XXXX scousers"in their chants in Old Trafford  and the Red Army supporters attacking United in Anfield when it comes to the real national derby between the pool of Livers and ManUtd.
(druing my stay there)I once went to watch a league one(3rd tier) game and the atmosphere,i think,couldn't have been better.

Serie A: The way they play lacks passion in my eyes.It used to be all one nil afther 90min (remember the 58 games unbeaten record by milan in 92/93...).Solid defense is said to be the reason why it looks ugly ,but certainly there's alot more that help explain why.
Speaking of the fans....the enjoy fireworks more than the English,if not the game,i suppose.

Serie A are said to have a high popularity back in China,but I doubted whether it would attract that many ppl back in their homecountry.Just have a look at  the attendances,you'll understand why i put it that way.

La Liga....nice,and nicer if spainish is not the language...ha.
But when I talk about entertaining,I'm more concerned with the atmosphere and the tempo.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-20 15:33:38 |Display all floors
gloryhunter,  you're an expert.

I've never been to England or Italy. I watched most of football games through TV broadcasting. When I talk about football match, I mean the play. I used to watch a couple of  China's Division A in Xi'an though, but that's really  farces. Fans spoke bad words but seemsed  not really knowing much about football.

It seems people tend to get the same feeling about football. When you watch Serie A, you find it's dull. You switch to La liga, find it more entertaining but sometimes a bit loose. Then you get exited after picking up a Premier League game. Well, ten of twenty minutes later, you realized it may be to harsh to allow really good skills to be performed.

So, It seems we'd better talk about games from the angle of teams rather than leagues. For instance, Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid are possible teams to turn in skillful plays.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.