Views: 10103|Replies: 11

MSV Duisburg in Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-5 15:16:22 |Display all floors
Hello from Belgium,

could anyone show me the Chinese characters for the German soccer club MSV Duisburg?

Thanks in advance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-5 15:33:55 |Display all floors

杜伊斯堡 ??

Try google, MSV Duisburg, only chinese language pages... you''l probably find it, I don't know Chinese

Good luck, from The Netherlands ;)

maybe you can directly use this:
http://www.google.nl/search?as_q ... ts=&safe=images

haha

[ Last edited by jo_ost at 2006-1-5 08:35 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-5 15:36:35 |Display all floors
杜伊斯堡

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-5 15:53:24 |Display all floors
Thanks a lot, but are these modern or ancient characters? If these are the modern ones, could you please also post the ancient ones?

xie xie

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-5 16:02:00 |Display all floors
The ancient characters is same as the modern one.
杜伊斯堡

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-7 01:10:47 |Display all floors
Who decides on the chinese names of football teams and players?  It seems totally random to me.  I'm just starting to get the hang of it.  I can actually work out what teams are what when they flash up the score updates during a live serie a, bundesliga or la liga game.  and not just the teams with 96 and 04 in :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-9 10:59:42 |Display all floors
Chinese names for soccer clubs in Europe and South Amercia are not translated from a certain standard.  Different sports media make different versions. This pattern sometimes does make fans puzzled as paper editors or TV producers are not conformed in translating Names which are not from English.

Their knowledge about languages are laughable sometimes as they pronounce all the "ll" in Spanish as '"l". As the media influence (CCTV5 and Sports Weekly) are so strong that fans are glad to follow the suit.

However, stupid mistakes kept being made as different soccer commentators tend to have their own name translation, which makes the name translation system even more confusing.

China's best Soccer commentator Huang Jianxiang raised the question five years ago about setting a uniformed name translating rule, but no one echoed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.