Author: tumujerome

"Chinglish" among Top Ten Words 2005  [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-5 16:30:01 |Display all floors
With great delight, I found CHINGISH climing up on the list, there is American English, but why  not Chinese english? the most important is that we can use this tool to express ourselver and to communicate with each others, I truly believe foreigners are able to accept CHINGISH.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-7 11:28:27 |Display all floors

little clarification

6.  Recaille: A quick trip around the Romance languages (French jargon, scum; Spanish, rabble or swine; Italian, worthless dregs) illustrates the full freight of the word used to describe youthful French rioters of North African and Muslim descent.

The actual French word is "racaille"... it's usually used to talk about delinquents (A person who neglects or fails to do what law or duty requires) and not only for people of "North African and Muslim descent".  "La racaille" normally defines a group of delinquents.
I guess saying "recaille" instead of  "racaille" is the English-French equivalent of Chinglish... I don't know what people call it though... Englench? hehehe
On the subject of Chinglish, I have to support the people who say "Long live Chingling!". Chingling is great, Chinglings rocks! It makes English more interesting and fun.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-7 15:01:24 |Display all floors
hey guys! chinglish is not chinese english!

:Q

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-8 00:21:36 |Display all floors
Chinglish is our character

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-10 09:03:46 |Display all floors
thanx for sharing~ you r right by say that ,i couldn't agree more

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-10 09:27:16 |Display all floors

hehe

thanks for tumu to share it with us!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-10 15:35:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ptbptb at 2006-1-7 15:01
hey guys! chinglish is not chinese english!

:Q

alright... what is it then?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.