Views: 25184|Replies: 32

what's the most dangerous thing for an unexperienced girl to travel alone?NEW! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-17 15:24:05 |Display all floors
what is the most dangerous thing for an unexperienced girl to travel alone??what is the biggest difficulty or problem??i'm a girl like that,19,freshman in uni.and i really want to have my trip alone for the first time. but it seems i have to face a lot of problems.anyone can give me some advice??it's really hard to take my first step.

Thank you all for your replies

i am really happy that so many ppl here had given me that much advice,i will take it seriously and think more carefully about my future plan.

in my opinion,loneliness may be the biggest problem for me.the best part of travel is having that incredible experiences with someone or friends.but it seems that all my friends dont have the same interest as i do. there is only me who like travelling even alone.all they want to do is following a travel agency, which i think will lose so much fun during the trip.i know that it will be easier for us,i mean students,to do it,and it will be also more safe too.but i really dont want to spend all my time on the bus running from one place to another then take about only an hour in each place. that's a terrible feeling for me and i dont want to feel it again.

so i dont know who to travel with,i mean i dont have many friends outside the schools,junior high,senior high and college,also i dont think it will be safe to travel with someone i dont know much about.there is only parents left,but since i have grown up,and there have been so many different opinions between us,the first one is where to go. my father perfers to go to Xi'an,ShanXi,NanJing and such kind of cities that full of history.we have been there together,but those are not the places that i really want to go.i know that i have learnt so much from those trips,about our country and our culture,but it was not that enjoyable.does it make any sense???

some places that i really want to go are:YunNan,HaiNan( though i have been there with my mom,but we were following a travel agency and it was raining sometime,so i dont think i have enjoyed it all),ZhangJiaJie,JiuZhaiGou,$$(Xizang)......

does anyone know some travel clubs in shanghai that for uni students like me???anyone can give me some recommendations??

thanks again to all the ppl that have replied me and given me advice,i really appreciate that!!!thanks!!!

NO PROGRESS
going to Harbin at jan 20th,the final decision is still following a travel agency. though i know how to buy the airline tickets & how to make reservation with the hotel separately,but how to arrenge the route,which hotel to stay in,how many days to stay,how can i get to those places,i cant just stand on the street where the temperature is under -18 centigrade and ask the ppl pass me by......i just think  i cant handle these things alone. does it mean i am not only unprepared for travelling alone,but also not that type,i mean maybe i am not suitable for it.i have no idea about it, just feel a little sad for myself.

any advice??ideas??suggestions??thoughts??

thanks

[ Last edited by harriett at 2006-1-15 08:08 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-17 16:50:32 |Display all floors

safety

read those streetwise travel books, ask veteran tranvellers, well prepare
don't stay late outside, always bring emergency telephone numbers both local and home ...etc
you can search more from internet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-18 07:13:58 |Display all floors

Why?

"it's really hard to take my first step." ?
Why not find a kindred spirit & not go alone?

Usually the best advice is don't travel alone, surely.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-19 10:53:29 |Display all floors

my experience

join a travel agency if you travel some places like rural or very devious places.safty is the most important thing is not it? good luck!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-19 11:57:10 |Display all floors

Two tips

(1) get real-time help via mobile from your friends who are experienced travellers,
or
(2) get a private tour guide to help.

- Paul, BD manager,KanXiQi.com private tour guide service

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-21 02:01:44 |Display all floors
harriett, while I admire your desire to travel alone, I think you should rethink this plan.
The benefits may very well be out-weighed by the dangers.
Good luck to you what ever you decide.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-21 14:41:42 |Display all floors

not the best to travel by your self nowadays

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.