Author: lasy2004

the difference between the chinese and american's attitude to their life [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-2 13:44:35 |Display all floors

Culture!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-6 12:12:57 |Display all floors

hhhhhh

that all depend on your conception of " enjoying your life".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-24 17:29:10 |Display all floors

different cultures!

Last Saturday I saw an American Dad with his small son in a park,the little boy wanted to have a close watch at the fish and he did it by himself without any of his father's help,and the father just stood by,didn't offer to help or even warn  theboy.    If it was a Chinese father,what would he do ?I was deeply impressed at the moment,we are so different,aren't we?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-28 05:21:09 |Display all floors

Facts

Social Security was never meant to provide a comfortable retirement,  just a supplement to a person's own savings to aliviate the worst of poverty.  According to actuarial tables, the system as it is currently funded is sound through 2058.  The retirement age HAS been raised, and is now as high as 67 depending on your date of birth.  

If you really don't believe that you will ever receive these benefits, prove it by signing over to me everything you may ever receive from Social Security.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-29 23:19:33 |Display all floors

gladly

I'd gladly sign over my future SS benefits (currently around $44k) in exchange for never having to pay another dime into that rathole system.  I know I will throw far more money into it during the rest of my working years than I will EVER get out of it.  Furthermore, any money that comes out of it will be worth far less in 34 years when I turn 67.  The money I will pay into that system over the rest of my working life can earn me a far better return if I save/invest it myself.  I don't need the government to take care of me and I certainly don't want to be forced to subsidize the retirement of those who did not plan for their later years.  Retired Americans are among the wealthiest demographic we have.  Most elderly people I've ever known have money, especially those who got old before consumer debt became fashionable.  

SS is not nearly funded into 2058.  You probably know that the system runs a 70 billion surplus per year, but that the money is immediately taken out by Congress and used to cover otherwise deficit spending in the "general" treasury fund.  That money is replaced by worthless IOU's which will never be repaid.  So it becomes a tax, not a benefit.  Better to starve the beast and just end this culture of dependency on the nanny state.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-1 21:19:19 |Display all floors

why i need money?

i think that money is very useful for me! It will make me go to college! I haven t enough for it ,but I have one jor for living. I always hope have one million from stockmarket ,but i havent so i m not happy for 10 years.
someone will asked  me do you have anything not to tell us?i will tell you no.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-16 08:41:59 |Display all floors

Both is OK

You can do as you wanted life

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.