Author: lasy2004

the difference between the chinese and american's attitude to their life [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-7-16 12:45:35 |Display all floors

my point of view.

it says that"the moon of america is conglobater  than that in china"
i think this is a wrong opinion,it is not always sunny in america,it is also cloudy or rainy.we just see the glittery part of american lives,a lot of them are millionaires,but a lot of them are beggars too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-19 11:10:22 |Display all floors

difference!

American think that the world is very wide . the human can fly from american to anyplace .they take it easy for themselves ,except for work ,they think how to enjoy life ,but chinese think how to save money and foster the next generation .this is tomfloolery .our life is blankness .do you change our life ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-20 11:13:56 |Display all floors

I am agree with aganran

who has said like this:"human is always the same.
difference comes from different evironment.
i think if i live in american i will have to learn to spend much more than
i earn.but in china i cant do so just because the society pension system
will not permit me to do so. a man without a penny will be hungry to
death.
we are the same just because we haaaaaave different way of pursueing
hapiness. one is paying attention to the reality and one is to the future.

"
I think it is right,human  all have the desire to a good life,but the born in the different evironment carved different person.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-29 14:15:29 |Display all floors

walkingtree

In America, I was one of those "working poor" people you speak of. We had a home but little else and lived on welfare for many years. It was definitely not fun or fulfilling! I am very grateful to be living and teaching in China where I am not poor and not rich. I have no desire to be rich. Being rich does not make one's necessarily happy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-29 14:23:51 |Display all floors

walkingtree

Think again and do some research. Many, many people who lose their jobs or become ill do not qualify for welfare unless they sell their homes, cars, all their possessions. If you have 1 fen above the poverty limit line, you get nothing. My husband and many others lost their jobs when the factory moved abroad. None of the familiies were assisted as far as medical or food needs. America's welfare system is the worst and more inefficient in the world! They make it seem as if you are dirt if you even approach them when you get that low to need them. Do not continue to think that America is the land of opportunity and happiness for all. Children still go to bed without eating in Appalachia, a part of West Virginia. Be aware of this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-29 14:27:25 |Display all floors

OK Mike

Let us remember that you have to translate that by the standard of living and costs. In America, they are well over what is sensible! In China, the cost of living is lower and things are the same if you translate US $1 = 8.27 RMB. There is not real difference.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-17 15:21:20 |Display all floors

i know we different ..but deep inside us we not that idfferent at all

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.