Views: 4143|Replies: 7

USA Death Toll in Iraq tops 2,000. We're just getting started. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-10-26 05:33:00 |Display all floors
USA death toll in Iraq is now 2,000 and counting.  However, our leaders have said that 9/11 was the "earl Harbor" of our day.  In World War 2, while the world lost 55 million people, America lost 400,000 soldiers.  So the American adventure into the oil lands has 398,000 deaths to before 9/11 really equals the beginning of a WW2-sized conflict.

One difference between Pearl Harbor and 9/11 is that Pearl Harbor occured after years of American non-involvement in WW2.  WW2 began when Germany annexed Austria in 1938.  So it was 3 or 4 years before America could mobilize itself to enter WW2, and we're only now 2.5 years into Iraq.  

2,000 Americans dead, and we're just getting started.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-26 08:47:31 |Display all floors

Stop the war movement in United States

We have just received word that the moment we have been dreading has arrived: 2,000 U.S. servicepeople have now died in Iraq. We grieve for these two thousand men and women, killed in the prime of their lives, for a war based on lies, and we grieve for the tens of thousands of Iraqis who have also died in the chaos and carnage the Bush Administration has brought to their country.

It's time to bring the troops home -- now. Not one more U.S. serviceperson should give his or her life to this senseless war. Not one more Iraqi should be killed. Not one more U.S. dollar should be spent sustaining this war and occupation.

All around the country, people will gather tomorrow, Wednesday, October 26, to honor the dead and call for the troops to come home. We urge you to join one of these events -- or organize one in your community if none has yet been planned.

UFPJ is supporting the call made by UFPJ member groups -- American Friends Service Committee, Gold Star Families for Peace and Military Families Speak Out -- for these actions.

Visit http://www.afsc.org/2,000/ for a list of events being planned, or to list your own event. More than 400 activities are currently planned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
www.unitedforpeace.org |1- 212-868-5545
To subscribe, visit www.unitedforpeace.org/email

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-26 08:54:45 |Display all floors

Please join us for a Moment of Silence at 9:00 a.m. for remembrance of the 2,000

I do not choose sides but ask GOD to stop this insane war which killed the fathers, sons, sisters , daughters, good men and women of America !

I can only write in this Forum to ask GOD for mercy !

Please do not send any more thunders to Gulf Coast, to New Orleans, to Florida and the South.

No more hurricanes ! No more massive flooding please !

We need to heal the wounds and bring the troops home !

Amen !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-26 22:08:37 |Display all floors

It's good to pray for an end to war. And for a swift victory.

It's good to pray for an end to war.

That takes more time away from prayers for an end to poverty.  And more time away for prayers to improve the health of all.

Pray for an end to war.  Pray for God to bless Americans in battle.  Pray that the children of America will grow into great and mighty warrors, who will conquer the oil lands and bring home the riches of the world to America.  However, they will not march through Washington with Muslims in chains as slaves, as the Romans marched through the streets of Rome with their capitves in chains -- that would wrong.

Battle Hymn of the Republic

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;
His truth is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His truth is marching on.

I have seen Him in the watch fires of a hundred circling camps
they have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps;
His day is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His day is marching on.

I have read a fiery Gospel writ in burnished rows of steel;
"As ye deal with My contemners, so with you My grace shall deal";
let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with His heel,
since God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Since God is marching on.

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment seat;
oh, be swift, My soul, to answer Him; be jubilant, my feet;
our God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on.

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
with a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me;
as He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free;
while God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! While God is marching on.

He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
He is wisdom to the mighty, He is honor to the brave;
so the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of wrong His slave,
our God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-17 01:50:37 |Display all floors

Get real!. You are fighting for Israel in Iraq. Ray Mc Govern (ex CIA) says thi

I have initials for why I think we went to war in Iraq," McGovern said. "O.I.L. O-I-L, O is for oil, I is for Israel and L is for logistics, as in when we have Iraq we have a foothold and a number of bases strategically placed in the Middle East so we can be in control over there and also to protect Israel."
http://tm.wc.ask.com/r?t=c&s=a&id=30787&sv=za5cb0d70&uid=02DE3B98A37384924&sid=1BD14B8BB366C4924&p=%2ftop&o=0&u=http://www.usforacle.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/09/22/41516bdd9fc94

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-17 15:09:30 |Display all floors

I think we will be seeing troops return in large numbers after december 15th

While the white house doesn't want to give a deadline, we know that most troops will be coming home soon as the dem_ocratic process is maturing and the restructuring of the Iraqi military is coming alon nicely as well.

Bush not giving a deadline is pure politics...a way to keep his image of being steadfast, but not real behind-the-scenes policy.

Even Bill Clinton was recently quoted as saying that he agrees that it's a good thing Sodamn Insane has been removed and that other good things have occurred since the Iraq War II started.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-21 06:40:51 |Display all floors

Many troops may return home, and then back to the Middle East again.

We can leave any day.  That's not a problem.  Then another 9/11 will happen and the bipartisan 9/11 commission will recommend that President Bush sign an Executive Order to immediately re-instate the draft, re-invade Iraq, and topple the regime in Tehran.

Believe anything you choose Mike.  I won't dispute it.  But know this for a fact: when the planes hit the buildings again, America will have no choice.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.