Author: jessikay

To be A 22 years old Girl [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-10-21 14:41:56 |Display all floors

You're all right...it's all over

I thought my life was over when I was 12: I lied to get my first job and thought I would be doing that forever.

Then I turn 13 and life ended again because I couldn't just say I was just playing with and I didn't know it was for or going to do.

Then I used to think life was ended when I was 16, old enough to go to adult criminal court:

Then I used to think life ended when I was 21 because I hadn't gone to college...yet (for the first time).

Then life ended (again!!!) when my brother told me I was 30 when I thought I was 28!!!

At 30 and a half I was unmarried, some college, no kids, I'd almost physically died four or five times and I was determined that if I almost actually died again I wasn't going to live for the physiotherapy so, damnit, full steam ahead!!!

At 41 I'd almost died a couple of more times, mostly because of the same thing that used to kill most people my age just a few hundred years ago...tooth infections (I forget how to spell absessed!!!...getting old)

So I set off overseas, determined to see the world I wanted to see and if I was going to die of a tooth infection I'd rather die in a place where they give you gin and tonic for mosquito bites.

At 42 I was teaching English (why not...everyone else is doing it!!) and I thought my life was over.

Now I'm 44. My life actually has ended many many times inbetween all the listed ones. Many times in many exciting and freekin' crazy ways....

...and you know what?

I'm still alive and life is pretty f***in' good.

Cheer up....you're supposed to be weirded out in your twenties.  Then you either move forward or you start feeling tugs from behind. ...

ps: The great things about friends is that most of them know when you are giving up or being pulled backwards, so they tend to do you favours - like give you a good, swift, hard kick in the ass. ;0)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.