Views: 6532|Replies: 7

Chengdu: a good city? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-7-8 21:41:23 |Display all floors
Is chengdu a good city for living and working, advice please?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-10 21:23:17 |Display all floors

cloudy all the year around

Well, I'd day it is ok. Cool, and famous for its food, besides, there are beautiful girls everywhere.
   Problems are, it is almost cloudy all the year round. No wonder my American friend cried out like hell, "BLUE sky!!!" ---If sky is not blue, what color is it? Well, GREY, sad enough.
   And it is also damp. All the year round.
   Consider alll before you come.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-10 23:01:06 |Display all floors

Chengdu

For what it's worth, I visited it 4 years ago as a Tour Guide, and was impressed by its variety:  Ice exhibition, coal-dragging steam trains, Summer palace, Mongolian monastery; that said, being a tourist and being a working teacher are different worlds...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-11 20:51:26 |Display all floors

You are welcome!

I have lived and worked in chengdu more than 10 years.I love it.

Try it first.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-12 20:06:17 |Display all floors

Never mind someone like that

Dear Buddy,

These things happen and there are people like that. He or she may have been hurt by some expats before and they left him/her very bad memory. However we need to be very slow to be offended. And his/her point of view cannot stand for the majority of Chinese people.:) I 'd say you are welcome here! And what fault to blame if you have some relastion with the local girl? (Of course I expect you to be responsible and nice, which I believe is no problem to you.)
   Welcome to cd!
Truly, Alpine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-13 14:33:16 |Display all floors

good or bad, it's your own choice

If you ask us whether Chengdu is a good city for living, I think you are unreasonable. Everyone has his own opinion, and it is up to you who should make the decision.  In my opinion, Chengdu is a montainous city and it is a quite beautiful city. As for the people there, I know little about them, for i am living quite far from them. If you really want to get some advice, you can connect with some local friends, and I think they will quite happy to help you.  Good luck.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-16 11:36:25 |Display all floors
I LOVE CHENGDU .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.