Views: 2477|Replies: 6

FOUNDERDATA, WHY ALL THE CHINESE SCHOOLS ONLY WANT A WHITE TEACHER? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-6-30 05:40:20 |Display all floors
I GAVE YOU THE ANSWER !

THEY WANT WHITE FACE, WHITE MEN AND WOMEN AND IGNORE THE BRIGHEST CHINESE WHO GRADUATED FROM HARVARD UNIVERSITY AND DID 6 YEARS POST-DOCTORATE AND SPEAK FLUENT ENGLISH !

SO I WILL STAY IN THIS FORUM TO SUPPORT CHINA BUT IN REALITY I WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTED IN N.AMERICA OR CHINA !

LET IT BE AND I AM HAPPY WHERE I AM.

I WILL NEVER BE THE REAL AMERICAN EVEN I JOINED THE US ARMY, BE A FEDERAL AGENT , US DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE FEDERAL AGENT BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY, THE WHITE MEN SEE ME AS A CHINESE.

ON THE OTHER HAND, THE CHINESE IN CHINA SEE ME AS A GHOST, A FOREIGNER !

SO I BETTER STAY WHERE I AM !

HAPPY JULY 1 !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-30 05:43:25 |Display all floors

IS A WHITE GIRL WHO NEVER HAD AN UNIVERSITY DEGREE BETTER THAN ME?

I WONDER IS MY HARVARD DEGREE NOT AS WORTH AS A WHITE GIRL TEACHING IN CHINA WITHOUT EVEN A COLLEGE DEGREE?

CHINA, CHINA, YOU HAVE TO DO SOME SOUL-SEARCHING !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-30 09:27:58 |Display all floors

Strange

No clue what that post was all about but I'll just share an interesting experience I had..

I'm a software developer from England. It's what I'm good at and what I do in China. However I was asked to help a few people learn English for a bit of RMB on the side. I thought since I'm from England I should be able to teach English, right? Wrong. The students I had were learning at a good pace. Every lesson had a clearly worked out theme (numbers, time, dates, buying things, etc..) and word started to spread that I was a teaching some good English.

Now to the point of the story. On 3 seperate occasions a Chinese person came to learn English from me and as soon as I told them I was from England, they just said 'Oh, I want an American teacher' and just left. Seems US English > English English now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-30 09:38:29 |Display all floors

Stop typing

Stop typing in all caps, its really stupid and really hard to read. How long have you been on the internet anyway?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-30 10:44:13 |Display all floors

CHINA wants white American not yellow American (Chinese-American) Gotta it !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-30 11:19:02 |Display all floors

Dear charles...If you owned a school (which is a business)

Would you rather have a Japanese origami teacher or a Nigerian one??

Would you rather have a black American  Boxing coach or a French guy??

Would you rather have an Indian Teacher for a 'Cooking with Curry' class or a Russian one??

Get the idea??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-30 11:19:30 |Display all floors

NOT true that chinese schools only want "white" faces to teach english

if you are a highly qualified english teacher with the preferred accents such as native american or native british accents and you are applying for a job in the reputable chinese schools/colleges, you are valued for your abilities and qualifications, not your faces or any other body parts

only fools and less reputable schools would hire "faces"

do NOT spit, but perhaps and perhaps it is OK to spit at the empoyers who hire "faces only"

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.