Views: 5375|Replies: 10

Why I cannot post on nytimes? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-6-21 13:04:32 |Display all floors
Why I can preview it, but it suddenly disappeared when I refreshed the page.

BTW, how to search an article released days ago on nytimes??   Anyone knows?

tks

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 13:35:37 |Display all floors

NYTimes has moderators who read (real time) and delete.

Freedom is not plentiful in New York, USA. The news media bosses own the "news".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 15:47:53 |Display all floors

really??

i think every forum has its own features. It seems to be a problem of  edit. I dont think my short comment can cause any offences against anyone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 17:05:51 |Display all floors

This is not true

NY Times is subscrption based. You have to pay for it. If something is disapearing in the forum bet your bottom RMB that it is coming from your side.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 17:56:31 |Display all floors

NYTimes.com is not censored or controlled by any government

NYTimes is as free as it can possibly be, common sense prevails.  
Are you trying to post to NYTimes.com from China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 18:00:34 |Display all floors

"myfriend" is wrong, no one reads real time and delete

NYTimes.com does not have a legion of employees who "read real time and delete".
I found over times that there were real "whackos" posting there who go on personal vendetta, these were only banned after concerted protest actions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 22:17:17 |Display all floors

New York Times deletes posts frequently and without just cause.

The New York Times does delete posts frequently and without just cause.

For example, they began blocking all my posts when I said that Space Shuttle Colombia could have been shot down.  In truth, a well placed shot from a hunting rfile could have ruined the heat shield at takeoff, but would not have caused a catastrophe until the shuttle tried to return home.  And today we see that NASA is disallowing people to be within miles of the launch this time, with or without their hunting rifles.

Worse though is that the New York Times deleted all of my previous comments listed under the same screen name, which ChinaDaily hasn't done to people who have had their screen names blocked, as far as I know.  None of my comments were in any way offensive in language or disclosed any astonishing American state secrets.  I guess they just did it for spite.

It's a hypocracy that the New York Times does not value the free speech principle with its readers that it claims for itself when it publishes.  Hypocracy is a common fault in many places, so it's not something to worry too much about so long as you're aware of it.

China media organizations have never misrepresented their independence to the public, which is commendable honesty.

Always make a copy of your text before posting in case something goes wrong and you need to try again.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.