Views: 2911|Replies: 4

As China gets modern, Europe gets poor [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-6-14 15:45:28 |Display all floors
In China for 4 months now and things here move at the speed of light. I could have taken a picture of my street in February. Now in June 50% of the shops have changed.

One one side of the planet China is on the track of modernity. On the other side, Europe is on the track of underdevelopment and poverty.

And things go quick...

Signs of poverty appear in Europe. Lets just speak about France :

- Many can not afford paying for movies or a meal at Mc Donalds (my case)

- The government recently allows the renting of flats whith a surface<9m2. It was forbidden before and seen as not decent.

- The Renaut Logan which is a low cost car and which were initially supposed to be sold only in poor countries will actually be sold in France because there is a market for it.

That is small details but this is only the beginning.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-14 19:05:24 |Display all floors

This is my point

Dont realy get your point and you dont answer my post.

In France a meal in a Mc Donalds is 70 RMB. In China with 70 RMB I can have 3 meals in Da Shi Dai. But anyway that is not about me here.

Renault is constructing all types of vehicles but the car they intended to build for Romania will also be sent in France. They came to this decision after a market study which shows that in France it would meet a demand.

That is the obsolute proof that this country is getting more poor everyday.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-14 20:08:56 |Display all floors

Welcome to China

Com ca, mon ami. Nouveau venu, bon venu.  Welcome to China!
Life will be hard, but there will be rewards, that's the reason the whole world comes to China now.  May I make a suggestion? Please learn Chinese, speak Chinese, write Chinese, think Chinese before you leave for Canada. Stay for a few years. I hope all goes well for your sister  back in Paris.
Do not be so disappointed with France, she was the first republic.
One day I see you in the Latin Quarters and have a drink, oui?
By the way, Montreal!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-15 01:24:11 |Display all floors

Pfff...

cestmoi says:
Do not be so disappointed with France, she was the first republic.

Is that supposed to mean something?
with more than 1000.000.K euro of debt... what the republic is supposed to mean?
Great life? maybe i'm not lucky, everybody I know here see the way of life falling very fast.
Freedom? Don't make me laught, it hurt...
Democracy? What a beautiful example of Democracie we had last days, with the president and his minions continuing to do exactly the oposite of the democratic result...

French republic was, and still is, nothing but a failure.
but there is worst, as they like to say...-_-'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-17 17:23:36 |Display all floors

Reply: As China gets modern, Europe gets poor

Do we call that a common prosperity?

Europe doesn't get poor, methinks

btw, purchase a car is not a big deal for double income working class here   in Guangzhou.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.