Author: weiminfuwu

What's wrong with democracy [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-6-22 09:58:38 |Display all floors

JB...I am glad you are here ...

as you bring reason and knowledge to this site. I know the day you were talking about. Half my posts did not post or took forever to post. This was the case and I did not even mention "the date" at all.
Anyway, glad you are back.

Okay back to Democracy...this would not happen to my friend in Australia if China had a free press. Trust me I know this site is better than when I first came here. I guess I just have given up on talking about the "forbidden" subjects.

I look forward to the day when we can discuss everything about China, as the Chinese on this site can talk about the United States of America.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-22 17:35:36 |Display all floors

..telling you our opinion, gee I wish I could tell you my opinion, but it's not

greendragon 2005-06-21 21:42
<<By the way Dr. Mahathir retired on his own accord, or the factions in his party thought it was time for him to retire!>>

Yep, I realise he wasn't "deposed" but went at a time of his choosing. Without wishing to offend, I am glad he's no longer PM, I think Malaysia has some better Prime Ministerial prospects who will be able to stick up for Malaysia and yet maintain good diplomatic relations, like President Yudhoyono does for Indonesia.

<<The system in China now, in my opinion is similar to system in England of old where you have "Restricted rights to the vote"...>>
Maybe the case, but we keep hearing how China is modern, great economy, will overtake the west, blah blah blah. The Western countries have had universal suffrage for a century or so. China claims a history going back many millenia before the advent of "civilisation" in Europe. Just how darn long is it gonna take them to have a multiparty democracy?

Cheers
JB

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-22 17:44:47 |Display all floors

I'm glad we're all here too!

iluv2fish 2005-06-22 09:58
<<Okay back to Democracy...this would not happen to my friend in Australia if China had a free press. .....I look forward to the day when we can discuss everything about China, as the Chinese on this site can talk about the United States of America.>>

I agree fish. We are quite free to bag the cr@p out of the USA, Japan, Australia etc, yet we can't even post a legitimate news item about China.

The officials/politicians must have such a negative view on their own legitimacy to be so worried about facts, let alone dissenting opinions.

Cheers
JB

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-23 17:36:10 |Display all floors

Mob rule is a weakness of democracy.

When jets fly into office buildings on live television, people go hysterical and want to kill.  Next time they'll say it was the Iranians, and then the USA will draft its young men to invade Tehran and the Caspian Sea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-24 08:56:07 |Display all floors

Matt...grow up

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-24 13:06:21 |Display all floors

Mob is crazy kongfu is used to defray anger to the oligarhs over failed strategi

...simply as that. By giving the citizens options to vote for two slates of oligarhs, adviced by a "above the fray bureacrats and scholars", the mob take responsibility for the Oligarhs decisions.

ie. it makes the MOB believe that they decided on the BAD DECISION as thus no OLIGARHS, SCAPEGOAT, EMPEROR OR COURT EUNUCHS gets to be lynched for failures.

But excessive used of DE MOB IS CRAZY kongfu is not workable, as seen in countries with NUMEROUS POLITICAL PARTIES...and NUTTY MEDIA or GOOD ACTORS who leads the MOB to put into power people with no KNOWLEDGE or ABILITY (look Phillpines),  NO OLIGARHS to lead the nation with a DECISIVE POLICY (look Italy mess)

When we say DEMOCRACY nowadays, we are always refer to either BRITISH CLUB GENTLEMAN DEMOCRACY or the RESTRICTED GOYIM MAKING DEMOCRACY of America and not the unstable ITALIAN, PHILLIPINES, TURKEY etc.  variety.

cheerios!

But as usual, Mr. Fish said it all, HIs gods are GODDESS OF FREEDOM and DEMOCRATIC LIMITED TO TWIN TOWER GOD. (alas! the Twin tower of Jewish snake and Anglo hood has been demolished!!!!!)

America is planning a new ORDER to lead their nation.

Can't you guys see...these people knows the code of Life. (like us)

Have a nice day

Game Master
Lord of the code.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-24 22:25:01 |Display all floors

2fish those are few words...

2fish, those are few words from a man who is not known to be a man of few words.

My expectation is that a 9/11 style attack will occur again in the years ahead.  When it does, the bipartisan 9/11 Commission will meet in emergency session and unanimously recommend to President Bush that he sign an Executive Order to immediately reinstate the military draft, and that the USA invade Iran and then secure the Caspian Sea reserves.

Look at the map.  We're in Afghanistan.  We're in Iraq.  Russia is pulling out of Georgia to avoid a direct confrontation between USA and Russian forces.  We won't have peace in the middle east until the USA controls all the oil.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.