Author: weiminfuwu

What's wrong with democracy [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-6-20 20:15:42 |Display all floors

...we ALL have leaders that manipulate....

iluv2fish 2005-06-19 20:41 to Greendragon
<<...But we can vote them out and you can not and that green lizard is the BIG difference. >>

Fish, I think Greendragon is from Malaysia.
In Malaysia Greendragon does have the luxury of voting out manipulative leaders, now that the "recalcitrant"* Dr. Mahatir is no longer in power. With all due respect to the good people of Malaysia, there are still some "issues" there, eg the jailing of Mahatir's former deputy Anwar Ibrahim over trumped up charges. (He was finally released some months ago)
Mr. Greendragon, has rights which the people of China are denied, and it is all the more surprising that he does not support them gaining the rights that the rest of us enjoy.
I presume that Greendragon is of an ethnic Chinese background, and he has some loyalty to the "homeland" of the Chinese people. I don't have a problem with that at all, as I imagine you also support his support of the Chinese nation. It makes it all the more surprising, therefore, that "pro-China" people have "anti-Chinese-peoples-rights" views!!!!

Cheers
JB

* "recalcitrant" is a bit of an in-joke between Australians and Malaysians.
A former Australian Prime Minister, the national disgrace known as Paul Keating, called Dr. Mahatir "recalcitrant". Prime Minister Mahatir, who probably misplaced his dictionary,  got surprisingly upset at this and it set back Australia-Malaysia relations by some years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 07:55:21 |Display all floors

There is an interesting thing about Chou

An Interesting thing about Chou Chiang: according to Ralph Mcgehee's "The CIA's war Against China," (www.kimsoft.com/korea/cia-ch.htm) his think tank had NED affiliation, therefore he commited high treason. (For more info on the NED, look at http://www.saag.org/papers2/paper115.html and http://pd.cpim.org/2001/feb25/feb25_ned.htm) What is the usual punishment? Death. House arrest, in this case, is amazingly more lenient than the death sentence or lifetime imprisonment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 10:27:10 |Display all floors

Thanks JB

Did your name change?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 10:42:28 |Display all floors

Green lizard...

Your diet of flies has gone to your brain. You are not even from China?

"It did not invade a land or a state"

Look North to the land of the "T".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 13:21:48 |Display all floors

...name change.... (take 2)

iluv2fish,
JohnB was apparently a very naughty boy, he's now learned his lesson!

A couple of weekends ago a news story broke in Syd.ney concerning a Chin.ese diplo.mat. JB posted this information (without any of his own opinions) on this site in both this forum, and in "comment on this article" areas of some relevance.
Of course he chose a weekend with a date which he later realised was the ann.iv.ers.ary of a maj.or ev.e.nt in mod.ern his.tory, the year was the one immediately prior to 1.9.9.0.
Anyway it appeared that C.D had cancelled leave for mod.era.tors and probably had in extra mods for that anniv.ersary with the result that my postings got a lot of attention from bored ce.n.so.rs waiting for postings regarding some sq.uare.
So JohnB got "ban.ned" (or "pau.sed" as they prefer to say, when you try to login). My I.P. add.ress at home also appears to be have been put on a black.list so I cannot post to the "comment on this article" section (it responds simply with "error").
Fortunately I had a backup login which works and I can post to the "comments" from work.
Anyway, when you see the Emu, you can think JohnB!

Cheers
JB

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 21:29:43 |Display all floors

Aiyoh Mr. Fish, Tibet is a province of China since the Manchu dynasty.

For your information, the Manchurians are not even Chinese at the moment of invasion but probably Sinocized by Chinese scholars advising the Manchurian court.

Manchurians, Miaos, Tibetans thinks that they belong to the Chinese nation. Even the Dalai Lama has no problem with it.

So what's this constant "harping" over a non issue.

For your information, Tibetan has been held in high regards in Imperial China. It is said the Tibetan monks were advisers to the Chinese Imperial court.....

Let me ask you one question "any Native Red Indian" advisor to the "twin tower" Anglo hood-Jewish Snake alliance?????? Are they allowed?

cheerios!

Master Yoda
Jedi Council

New Middle Kingdom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 21:42:42 |Display all floors

Rubbish Mr. Emu or Mr. J.B. We are all here to tell you our opinion!!!!!

Nothing to do with Malaysia, Australian or China.

We are talking about DEMOCRACY. What it actually does. (By the way Dr. Mahathir retired on his own accord, or the factions in his party thought it was time for him to retire!)

We are talking about American concept of democracy. My pertinent point is that:-

(1) There is many type of democracies. It  is used to get OLIGARHS in power. For your information, there are Malaysian Chinese who became MINISTERS in China, and there are Malaysian Chinese who are REPRESENTATIVES in America (ie. they got themselves accepted into the OLIGARHS) and there are Hong Kong Chinese who got themselves to become GOVERNORS, MAYORS in Canada, America and Australia.

What i mention, is that, it is the INSTITUTIONS that keeps power.

Like the Democrats/Republican scams in USA, (limited mostly to those who have money and can do good networking), Labour/Conservative in United Kingdom (limited to networkers in the political institutions), Labour/Liberals in Australia.....

It is just in China, it is a large country with NUMEROUS POOR PEOPLE, but it values TALENT, no matter if he is a MALAYSIAN from Malaysia. Just like Canada, France, Australia and America who has ACCEPTED Malaysian, Hong KOng, descendents of Saigon AS part of the political establishment.

(2) The system in China now, in my opinion is similar to system in England of old where you have "Restricted rights to the vote"...

(3) You use "One system serves all", "all or nothing" mentality when even in Australia, the system is evolving.....

Cheerios!

Master Yoda
Jedi Council

New Middle Kingdom.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.