Views: 12770|Replies: 32

How do you get news from outside of china? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-5-13 15:34:52 |Display all floors
how do you get news  from the outside that is not censor?
Do you learn anything new about china from read, watch, listen to other newssource outside of china?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-13 17:55:53 |Display all floors

Mainly from radio and websites.

Actually chinese goverment rule the info resources quite strict. Some so-called retroactive websites are banned and it's true that some news on this sites are fabricated.I would rather believe the truth of news got from radio, such as VOA.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-13 18:05:13 |Display all floors

"I would rather believe the truth of news got from radio, such as VOA."

What makes you trust VOA? Have you ever read NEWYORK TIMES?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-13 18:20:35 |Display all floors

Hi sleepye

Probably you misunderstand what I mean. The websites I point are some retroactive once which are already banned by information security bureau.
I like NY times very much and nearly click it everday, it provide me some news more close to reality and give me fresh air to know what happened in the world from a westerner eye. Actually NY website is just a attachment of the print media --New York Times.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-13 18:23:29 |Display all floors

Re: How do you get news from outside of china?

Surf the web. You are not actually in China, are you? Rather you are an American sitting somewhere in a hole in Wyoming, believing everything your government told you about censoring in China, right?

The truth is that 99.9999% of everything on the web is unblocked, and the tiny part that is blocked can be circumvented with proxies and by other means. Not that you would ever need that, since what is blocked at one site can always be found at another.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-13 18:55:36 |Display all floors

Most major city newspapers have reporters in China

The major sources of news on China comes from the New York Times, the Associated Press, and the Wall Street Journal.  Most major city newspapers have reporters in China too.  The quality of their coverage is limited by the experience and education of the reporters, so they can often only do the oppressive regime story or the mistreated worker story.  That's all the editors who decide what gets printed want to read anyway.

Lou Dobbs on CNN runs a program that provides news stories about illegal immigration and foreign competition.  Often, there's some news about China competition there.  One night they had video of a factory in America that was closed down, packed up, and shipped to China in those big China Shipping containers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-13 20:13:09 |Display all floors

liangzai

First off..... I liking the comments am getting from everyone!!!!!!.....:)

liangzai......Who said I live in USA?....I could be your mother or your best friend, you never know.......or I could be living next to the yellow river eating a  apples while, I type these words.......

Anyway, 99.99999% of everything on the web is unblocked....one or two things.... you work for the government and are typing these comments........or u a really dumb guy....

How come the government close the internet cafe by my house?.....is that not censorship

Censorship doesn’t just mean blocking websites..... It also means not reporting to the public things not in support of the government..... like corruption.......never heard a story about corruption in Beijing ....just at the small village

Also think about this website…….people have to talk in code …..so the monitors don’t block your post……MR.. liangzai that is censorship…….

Do you see anything on this website that really talks bad about this government!!!!!!!
I have been waiting to see on post…….cause all of my post gets blocked
Post something bad about china government on this website and I bet you it would get blocked……….

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.