Views: 5954|Replies: 9

Japanese culture [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-5-8 12:05:50 |Display all floors
Japanese culture had and probably still has a big Samurai element. That's why Japanese government did not kill its own civilians but only kill people in other countries. This is exactly the real danger. When a country only kills foreigners, such a country usually ends up in fascist actions like Japan and Germany.
This is why many people in the world do not like the mixture of Samurais and Yasukuni. Those Japanese politicians are very reluctant to forfeit this "weapon". Japan's revisions of history reflects this. However, Japan's recent actions really did nothing good for Japan. Surprisingly, there are many non-Japanese defenders for these right-wingers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-20 03:09:40 |Display all floors

Samurais let loose?

You seem to know Japanese history......then you know that japanese have been slaughtering each other for centuries...thats how they got so good at it!

people , citizens , have been killed in the rice riots of the late 19th century . I find the reasoning of "not killing your own people" to be the mark of a dangerous nation a little strange....
and look up the word 'Facism' in your dictionary please.

But anyway, I agree its not a good thing for the PM to be hanging out in shrines,,,and those right wingers??  theyre lunatics, paid off by the govt too!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-20 16:16:57 |Display all floors

Again, I'd like you to see the movie "seven samurai" and know about the ordinary Japanese people in ancient time. The peasants in Japan was so poor because their counties fight all the time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-21 07:34:09 |Display all floors

Do your homework

"Samurai" culture is still a big part of Japanese life? LOL, what planet are you living on! Traditional Japanese martial arts like kendo and kenjutsu are hardly popular in Japan anymore. Most Japanese kids prefer playing basketball and football - not unlike China if you think about it.

In any case, true to form you've demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge of the samurai. By the time of the Tokugawa, the last true age of the samurai, ideals of war had changed to those of peace. The true samurai was a man (or indeed woman) who learnt how not to fight. Killing peasants was no challenge to a true samurai. A real challenge was writing an excellent piece of poetry, mastering the tea ceremony, or improving one's fencing. What was demonstrated in the 1930s and 1940s in Asia was not "bushido" - it was simple savagery.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-21 08:20:59 |Display all floors

Do your homework and read this ......

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/forumpost.shtml?toppid=349151&page=6

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-21 10:46:45 |Display all floors

to mencius

I don't know whether you've seen that movie. That movie is not about Samurai spirit in Japan, it's about the Japanese peasants.

don't start judging me and the movie before you know the content, that only shows your ignorance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-21 10:49:35 |Display all floors

"Killing peasants was no challenge to a true samurai."

I doubt you've seen the movie just now, now i can be sure that you didn't watch it at all. In the movie the peasants went to find some samurais to help their village.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.