Author: mpc1999

Why is it wrong to visit the Yasukuni Shrine !! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-30 17:30:03 |Display all floors
Yasukuni shrine is a symbol of militarism and enshrines 14-class-a war criminals. Japan presents chinese people countless ravages and which can't be forgotten forever. Some may say, Japan has made appologies to China, yes, indeed, but victims' sentiment can't be understood by spectators, that's a normal logic around the world. I think that is the reason for misunderstanding about china, saying it deliberately widens the rift with Japan and makes use of the historic problem as an excuse.

[ Last edited by bj_guy at 2005-12-30 05:31 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-31 11:54:15 |Display all floors

it is a shame

[ Last edited by andows at 2005-12-31 02:29 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-31 12:46:51 |Display all floors

the problem

Is the shrine repersents 99.99% of soliders that only fought for their country like anyone else would do.
I think the chinese should just understand that the japanese are remebering all of the japanese boys who went to war just following orders under their commanders. I understand the suffering that chia had but most soliders do what they were told and we can't blame them for that. They deserve the restpect of there own countrymen for going to war when asked.  The japanese do not honor the criminals of world war 2. only the millions of young men who only followed orders and died for nothing only to server there country which is sad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-31 17:05:39 |Display all floors

why

Then, why don't the Japan authorities take the 14 convicted major wwii  criminials out of  that shrine?

Are German people worshipping Adolf Hitler?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-31 20:15:45 |Display all floors

Reply #60 chinadaily's post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-31 20:49:47 |Display all floors
For me, the safest person is a dead one. A living person can do more harm.

Why take out your hatred on the dead?

I can't agree with you. On the contrary, a dead person could be the most dangerous, his spirit can influence many people during a long long time. You even have no chance to argue with him, no chance to beat him to the ground. That's why we need take history as a warning, and never let the tragedy repeat!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-31 23:12:02 |Display all floors

Reply #62 circlept's post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.