Views: 100465|Replies: 308

What do you think of university marriage? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-4-7 18:37:09 |Display all floors
do you agree on marrige for university students?why? or why not?
I'm doing an assignment. your opinions will be very important to me. thanks a lot

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-7 21:18:57 |Display all floors

I have a hard time seeing the issue

In the US if people in college want to get married they get married.  Why was this banned in China?  What negative things happened?  Such a law would be shot down in the thought process in the US.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-7 21:57:59 |Display all floors

not good for university students

i can't say that i am not agree with the university marrige, but it's not good to get marriage if you are still a student in the college. During this stage, we are just too young to decide our future partner. maybe it's an impulsion or it's an improvement that you guys love each other, yet it's an immature action and thought about marrige, they don't even realize what they really need finally.

Europe and Asia are different, especially the culture thing. marriage and divorce are common for them, yet Asian, in Asia, we see marriage as the secondary important thing in the lifetime. i heard once from my mom, she said that we can not choose to be what you want to be when you were born, but for having a good marriage which you can choose it later on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-8 01:13:36 |Display all floors

What is the age of consent in China?

If the age of  sexual consent is 18 years old, then thats how old you should be allowed to get married.  Thats if you don't want kids having sex before marriage anyway. That would be like saying you can drink beer when your 21 but you can't get drunk.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-8 02:14:53 |Display all floors

legality and reality

The most common legal marrying age for most of the states here in the US is 18.  But like so many things in life, what's legal doesn't mean it's a good idea.  The legal driving age is 16. But a 16 year old, even a 25 year old, will pay through his/her nose for car insurance.  This is because when you are that young, you are more prone do foolish things, and that's a statistical fact.

My take on university marriages (by that I mean during undergraduate studies) is that it should not be banned, but should be discouraged.  Without a solid foundation of education, emotional and financial maturity, the chance of a successful marriage, although exists, is low.  So a system that allows for, but advises against it, is a reasonable compromise in my mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-8 11:09:01 |Display all floors

I Don't Think People Should Marry Before Age 22

In my opinion, this shouldn't just be an issue of "university marriage", but an issue of marriage between any people who are clearly too young and not mature enough for marriage. In the United States, I feel the legal age of 18 is too young. Most of the people I know in the U.S. who marry before age 22 end up either getting a divorce, fighting each other on a daily basis, or become losers and never achieve their dreams and career goals. I think the legal age for marriage should be 22. Exceptions can be made for someone who has a terminal illness, or someone whose spouse is in the military and is about to go to a war zone in another country, like Iraq.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-8 12:17:09 |Display all floors

Law in China: to dear dalianvet and whatitis

According to the marriage law of China, marriage age of man is no less than 22, woman 20. So it's the legal right for a university student to marry as long as he or she is above the age limitation.

In order to protect the sexual right of young girls, according to the criminal law of china, man shall not have sexual intercourse with a girl no more than 14. It's illegal in any circumstances except man's really misunderstanding. The lawbreaker will be sentenced into prison for more than 5 years.

:-)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.