Author: cogito

China is THE GREATEST COUNTRY in the world, and here is why [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-4-28 15:40:51 |Display all floors

yes

I agree with you. As a Chinese, I don't want China to become the greatest country, and I only hope she will become one of the greatest country. Besides China, there are quite a number of countries who have the potential to become one of the greatest countries, such India, Russia, Brazil, and a Unified Arabian country and so on. I don't  want China to be the No. One. That will be unfair to the rest of the world.  If we are counted among the great nations, I am content. The future ideal to me is a unified world, namely Confederation of Earth.
Long live Confederation of Earth!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-28 15:44:24 |Display all floors

you are wrong

You are personal attacking daydreamer. You are being unfair. You can disapprove of her, but you have no right to deprive her of her right to free speech.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-28 15:52:33 |Display all floors

selrahc,don

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-28 15:53:44 |Display all floors

sorry

I am heartbroken to hear your story. I am ashamed to have such a compatriot. I don't  understand why there are so many Chinese interested to rule the world. What good does ruling the world do him?
I don't understand. O I only hope a democratic China will  contribute to the peace, harmony, justice, rule by law, and all the precious values of the world. Nothing more. I don't want China to be USA the second.
Long live Society of Great Harmony!
People of the third world, Unite!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-28 15:56:01 |Display all floors

???

Where have I claimed myself to be "highly educated?"

How did I attack daydreamer 66 and cogito in ways worse than they attacked me?  

I didn't care about typos till I saw daydreamer 66 and cogito used other people's typos to personally attack them and in this regard.  attacking with typos are low-end tricks and those who play with low-end tricks deserve similar tricks applied to themselves.

what is dogma?  bitch?  what kind of attack it is?  Have you run a genetic test on me to make such a conclusion?  My genetic profile is very similar to cogito's mother's.  If I am a dogma, cogito's mon is the same and cogito will be a son of ****.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-28 16:05:26 |Display all floors

hope you have been complimented

Sorry Cogito have been rude to you.
Your story is very interesting  and shows the mentality of only some of the Chinese. We have much room to improve ourselves to become really civilized people.
Thank you for your story!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-28 16:08:19 |Display all floors

zhaodadi, how did I deprive anybody from talking?

How did I personally attack daydreamer66?  Did you read her posts?  Did you see she called other people white trash?  Did you see how she attacked the others?

Apart from that, I agree with your view on the claim of "greatest".  I also wish China to be one of the greatest countries in the world.  What I disagree is the claim of China to be THE Greatest country in the world, and the persistance over it by attacking people holding different views.

Look at the Roman Empire.  Romans had watter pipes, sewages, hot water bathing tubs, concrete cement and archery building structures 2000 years ago. The Roman Empire had the strongest army in the world.  The Romans conquered most of Europe and arrived to Asia.  The legend and som evidence showed that the Romans arrived to China, disappeared and settled down in the north of China.  Roman Empire was probably the most powerful country (still I will be very cautious to call it THE GREATEST COUNTRY) in the world at a time.  It collapsed.

It is very debatable on claiming which country is the greatest as being great has different meanings for people looking at the issue from different angles.

At the end of the day, it is utterly useless to be THE GREATEST.  Everything, every country, everybody is born, grows up, reaches its climax, goes down turn, and dies.  Powerful as Roman Empire, it died.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.