Views: 6752|Replies: 18

I don't think I want to have any children [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-3-10 17:05:46 |Display all floors
When I think about it I am positive I do not want to have any children.

Today she asked me "What should we name our children?"
All of a sudden I got very scared and said "You decide, dear".
She starts telling me names, and I am thinking to myself "Why bother with this 20 year burden of raising a child seems stupid."

Is this wrong?  Should I blurt out my feelings?  Why should I have any children?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-10 17:37:34 |Display all floors

Mee the same

I have always wonder if making child is a gift you do to this child or to yourself?

Many people have a child because they are afraid of being alone when they get old.

Many people have a child because when they get 30 and that the friends have children, they also want to have their own funny toy.

Many people have a child because their grand-parents have children, their parents have children... So it is like that...

Many people have a child because in our culture this is a kind of symbol of archievement. The perfect familly : a couple and 2 or 3 children...

So, of course I already hear the dreamers telling me that making a child is the expression of the true love that we have for another person. Well, assuming that in the West 50% of the marriages turn into divorces, should we conclude that 50% of the children are on this planet by accident?

I do not really believe in Love (it is my personnal experience), so I don't think I will ever have children. Anyway don't you think we are too many on this planet...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-10 19:01:43 |Display all floors

Think I will just tell her

I don't want any children.

Thanks for your reply you make some good points.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-10 19:17:33 |Display all floors

Reply: I don't think I want to have any children

Well, I believe that child is a kind of lubricant which can build more pleasure,achievement and reduce more conflict ,contradiction among your marriage.Bringing up  a child makes your matureness as well as your integrity!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-10 20:39:06 |Display all floors

When you have a child, your needs take a distant second place to theirs.

Thats why I don't want children, I love to travel, I love to relax, I love to go out without having to worry about getting a babysitter. I am too selfish to have a child and I have no problem admitting it. I'm sure people with children experience pleasures I could never imagine, but I like being able to do what I want or travel where I want without considering anybody else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-10 22:24:00 |Display all floors

Maybe your marriage doesn't need a child now

I don't know how old are you and your marriage.I think you are young couple,your marriage is still in a hot time at least not too cold.I mean you two still can create enough fun in the daily life.To some couple, baby is a good lubricant to the them as well as their marriage.(as being mentioned by Excellency)
You don't want a baby,that'sOK.Now is not the moment .Just explain  your decision to your girl.Let everything go naturally.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-10 23:07:11 |Display all floors

why not??

children can delight your life so much, once you have them you will feel so happy waching them grow up and changed day by day, it's such a wonderful thing for a real family, you used to be a child to your parents, what do they think? form a real family, that's the complete life.maybe you are still not ready now, maybe you will want one in the future.
i love children so so so so much, i always want one, unluckly i am not married yet   and chinese girls can't have baby when they are not married.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.