Forum announcement: No personal attacks allowed  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-2-17 11:40:32 |Display all floors

Yeah, after removing LGK's posts, the mods should have left a sign that says

"Removed for malicious intent."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-17 18:47:35 |Display all floors

" recently some forum members have resorted to name-calling"

Only recently eh?

Still, as they say, "better late than never", so it is good news that the long-criticised moderators will now be taking an active part in the smooth running of the forum.

Second bit of good news - someone whispered that a certain member has been banned for the second time so I guess things are really looking up.

Perhaps we can look forward to having some sort of rational discussion about the role of Taiwan or Japan or the two Koreas, or even western nations, in  the possibly rosy future of Mainland China without being accused of  harbouring deep hatred of Mother China.

Or is that altogether far to much to expect.. Still, they say a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Tony Lee

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-17 18:54:09 |Display all floors

" recently some forum members have resorted to name-calling"

Only recently eh?

Still, as they say, "better late than never", so it is good news that the long-criticised moderators will now be taking an active part in the smooth running of the forum.

Second bit of good news - someone whispered that a certain member has been banned for the second time so I guess things are really looking up.

Perhaps we can look forward to having some sort of rational discussion about the role of Taiwan or Japan or the two Koreas, or even western nations, in  the possibly rosy future of Mainland China without being accused of  harbouring deep hatred of Mother China.

Or is that altogether far to much to expect.. Still, they say a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Tony Lee

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-18 13:02:39 |Display all floors

A kind reminder to China Daily

I have posted more than 12 hours ago to let China Daily know that you cleaned only part of the spam done by 'mountain-man' and 'ahchoo' and you left some of ahchoo's spam intact. For example, the post right above this one is one of the SAPM posts. The spam posts are repeating and extremely long, totally unrelated to the topics.

The mod who worked at that hours didn't listen instead my post of reminding was deleted. Here let me show you the spam record again. I don't understand why the mod chose not to delete them. According to your policy stated on this thread, this spammer should be banned.

After you read this post and clean up the spam left on this forum, you can delete this post.

Remaining spam record of member 'ahchoo':
In a new novel, Digital Fortress by Dan Brown, the National Security Agency (NSA) has built a code-b ahchoo 2005-02-17 22:56
In a new novel, Digital Fortress by Dan Brown, the National Security Agency (NSA) has built a code-b ahchoo 2005-02-17 22:47
In a new novel, Digital Fortress by Dan Brown, the National Security Agency (NSA) has built a code-b ahchoo 2005-02-17 22:45
Health Problems and Bankruptcy--Are 50% of Bankruptcies Health Related?: ahchoo 2005-02-17 22:18
Health Problems and Bankruptcy--Are 50% of Bankruptcies Health Related?: ahchoo 2005-02-17 22:18
Health Problems and Bankruptcy--Are 50% of Bankruptcies Health Related?: ahchoo 2005-02-17 22:17
Health Problems and Bankruptcy--Are 50% of Bankruptcies Health Related?: ahchoo 2005-02-17 22:16

And here is how CD's front window "Latest Posts" looks like now, more than 12 hours after the spam:
she is woman or aminal with brain? (02-18 09:58 by sleepingman)   
   take a walk on the wild side - Rated PG-13 (not suitable for kids) (02-18 09:13 by mikeghet)   
   Hail the Kyoto Protocol Time to Celebrate (02-18 07:56 by broken_heart)   
   Singapore’s Cantonese Fried Rice Noodles (02-18 01:53 by lau_guan_kim)   
   In a new novel, Digital Fortress by Dan Brown, the National Security Agency (NSA) has built a code-b (02-17 22:47 by ahchoo)   
   In a new novel, Digital Fortress by Dan Brown, the National Security Agency (NSA) has built a code-b (02-17 22:45 by ahchoo)   
   whether to tell a lie or the truth to the patient is a difficult choice to make for every doctor (02-17 22:21 by wert123)   
   Health Problems and Bankruptcy--Are 50% of Bankruptcies Health Related?: (02-17 22:18 by ahchoo)   
   Health Problems and Bankruptcy--Are 50% of Bankruptcies Health Related?: (02-17 22:17 by ahchoo)   
   Health Problems and Bankruptcy--Are 50% of Bankruptcies Health Related?: (02-17 22:16 by ahchoo)   
   Iran, DPRK, Syria and Iraq CAN WIN A WAR AGAINST THE USA ! (02-17 22:14 by yapchongyee)   
   ...-------- (02-17 22:04 by mountain-man)

Identical, repeating posts intended to disrupt normal discussions are SPAM posts. They should be deleted and the poster should be banned. I thought this is CD's policy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-19 04:22:24 |Display all floors

Dongzhx, Hi!

So you are the Moderator?

Hi!

Nice name you have.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-19 04:24:43 |Display all floors

Dongzhx, may

I ask what has happened to Chairman?

Is he banned?

Why?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-21 06:50:25 |Display all floors

Teachers Pet

I thank you moderators for cleaning up the personal attacks against fellow formites. These attacks made it very uncomfortable and were just a tactic of the weak.
By the way, I think the moderators are hard working, intelligent, good looking and very reasonable people.
(please remember my kind words next time you are about to pull the trigger on me)
Thanks
Iluv2fish

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.