Views: 68823|Replies: 152

Forum announcement: No personal attacks allowed  Close [Copy link] 中文

dongzhx has been deleted
Post time 2005-2-16 11:03:29 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-16 15:20:23 |Display all floors

Hear Hear !!

Thank you moderators for coming to the rescue. It was degenerating into such a cess pit of vile and personal attacks as to render the forum an embarassment and of un-Chinese behaviour. I suggest that in order to further enhance the quality of the forum three other procedures ought to be in place :

1. The regulations pertaining to maintaining the integrity and health of the forum be re-cycled periodically so that new, and old , members are reminded that there are simple rules which will be enforced if necessary.

2. The length of each post be limited to say 200 -300 words. It is to enhance the focus on the issue and to maintain interest . Some of the posts are so long as to become boring , to me at least.

3. If at all possible, offending forumites can be publicly ' warned ' as in a soccer match at his / her first offence when the protocol against personal vilifications is infringed upon.

However, let the discussions and debates be vigorous and lively. Sarcasm and clean healthy fun in ribbing , if suitable , should  be allowed in order to prevent boredom. What you write should at least pass the test of being good enough to be read out in a room of well mannered audience.

Thank you for the timely intervention , moderators.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-16 15:30:14 |Display all floors

I agree but what about offensive posts against politicians like GW Bush???

As some of the politicians really deserve it....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-16 16:58:06 |Display all floors

Suggestion: Multiple handles should not be encouraged or allowed

I understand it's difficult to check out everyone's IP address and make a clean sweep. But, I think CD can make a policy stating that once such cases found CD has the right to ban this IP address forever. So even if CD don't check out everyone's IP, anyone who creates too many handles would have to think about the potential consequence.

I think this is important as shown in the recent mess in Talk to China Daily forum. The multiple handles enable very few bad members to completely change the forum order and make any meaningful discussions impossible.

Just my two cents. Thanks for reading.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-16 17:05:34 |Display all floors

About atmosphere in China Daily forum

I understand this is an English forum, a good place to promote understanding between Chinese people and people from other countries. I support we all make effort to eliminate any kinds of abuse. But there is one kind of abuse I think China Daily must pay attention to because it's not directly coming from bad languages, or personal attacks, instead, it's about a very BAD atmosphere attacking entire people.

For example, seneca's many racist posts and language. He may or may not use racist slurs all the time but his intention is very clear and invariably racist.

Another example, those "China men are inferior", "Chinese women ...." threads, especially some English teachers' sex talks in this forum are very RACIST.

This is a serious offense of Chinese people. Such systematic violation should not be allowed in any serious forum. American civil rights laws could get this kind of people sued once a systematic pattern is established. They can't be excused in the name of freedom of speech because they violate an entire people !

These people are creating a very bad atmosphere. Such posts in no way can promote understanding between Chinese people and people from other nations. It not only hurts Chinese people but also misleads people from other countries. Therefore, it should be banned and such threads should be deleted immediately.

We Chinese protest such bad, rude, cheap and uncivilized behavior. Such people are not welcome to China. It’s about our national dignity. It's about the heath of our society. Why should CD tolerate such racially motivated posters?

So, their thread(s) should be deleted immediately; and if such members persist, he or she should be banned.

It's about creating a basic healthy forum environment.

Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-16 19:48:29 |Display all floors

Reply: Forum announcement: No personal attacks allowed

warning in time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-16 22:54:00 |Display all floors

Sigh...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.