Author: fire139

which job is better? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-1-27 00:05:44 |Display all floors

Why not?

Life will become boring without Challenge.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-27 02:17:27 |Display all floors

have a try

it depends on whether you love that job.don't hesitate if this job is your dream.just do it.

it can not denitable that work as a civil servant is  comfortable as you say.but do you like it?think twice,when you recall after retire ,will you feel do have done a proud job these years?the answer maybe is nothing.

vice president of a hotel is a  challenge.but work with passion,love,courage,one would not regret even though he fail.a young man should have that brave to challenge!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-27 07:25:41 |Display all floors

To Sarababy, I want to dissect this case using economic model and apply to this

Dear Sarababy,

I highly recommend anyone to take on any challenge to travel around the world or CHINA to experience new adventure.

This is an excellent opportunity for anyone including Ms. Fire but her situation needs to take a very close second look before anyone in this Forum says it is fine to take the service-oriented hotel management job.

First of all, Ms. Fire is a 36-year-old married woman with a 8 year old son.

Her husband has recently "lost" his job !

The job may require entensive travel which means there is little "quality" time for mother-and son. Her son needs her more than her potential new boss !

Service-oriented hotel management opportunities are wonderful for a mid-thirties woman who possess charm, beauty, poise, grace and charisma.

However, many senior hotel management (VP etc.) tends just to use you for 5-7 years and when you reaches 43 years old, those "men" tends to replace you with a younger, more beautiful Chinese "woman" who speaks fluent English and many more different dialects. (There are always other people better than you in this volatile, fluid, dynamic business world).

Also there are "woman" who are "hungry" for management job in hotel business and will use every means to get Ms. Fire's job including "sleeping" with the boss, or sleeping with "big shot" to get contract or doing some unethical conduct/business exchange just to get contract for the hotel chain.

Remember, you are swimming with the "BIG BOYS" in the ocean with a lot of sharks !!  (if you know what I mean !)

Even the best woman at age 36 can not last more than 10-15 years !

The senior management will definitely replace Ms. Fire before she turns 45-50 years old.

I do mean with good faith and had travel a lot and I seldom see a Vice-President over 50 years old.  Can you get a civil servant job at age 50 years old ??

I hate to give you the "naked truth" in business of the role of woman in senior management. In many cases, you have to travel and entertain "male" clients and get long-term contract. I hope Ms. Fire understands she can take this job but after 5-7 years, someone will come along with more charm and beauty and experience to replace HER !

<<The long-run of economic gain and benefit of working in a hotel management environment is an excellent idea but the "cost" in the long run outweighs the "benefit", so Ms. Fire should not take the job !!!>>>>>>>>>>

Sincerely,

Dr. Lovejoy

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.