Views: 6321|Replies: 3

Have you noticed that our general living condition is being changed? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-12-2 13:56:11 |Display all floors
I once paid great attention to the living condition in China. But now I find out that it has been changed a lot. The civilization is so important to us? I prefer to stay at the situation beforetime. very quiet and comfortable, not that noisy and sad. perhaps I am a conservative man but I indeed like that. The modernization can exist in the far away.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-2 15:32:09 |Display all floors

I understand your feeling

That is the price of technology and manufacturing--a large price to pay.

In America, so-called labor saving devices only make it possible for people to work harder for longer hours to buy material things they don't really need.

What comes from this is the sacrifice of that which matters most--family closeness, nature, and quiet.

Such things do not civilize people. It dehumanizes them by turning them to creatures that shop and waste. and for the pursuit of these material things, they lose who they are.

In the growing business, there are fewer real friends. Replacing friends are business contacts for the  purpose of profitable alliances. Such strategic relationships can rapidly change to competitive hostility. Such a lonely, spiritless thing!

What reflective western thinkers have known for many years is that, if you have money, others will want it. There is no peace and quiet in that.

Although you and I are of different countries and cultures, thousands of miles apart, we share the same sadness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-5 08:52:05 |Display all floors

good point

You have given a good point about the problem. Sacrifice is an imtortant word.When we notice that the industry progress around us and we are proud of it, we have lost a lot in fact. such as the missing of the true civilization and the living condition is becoming more and more disgusting. What would we do for it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-5 10:56:31 |Display all floors

face this status, what we can do?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.