What are the pros and cons?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-3 14:28:33 |Display all floors

imo

Pros:
They aren't around to annoy you.
Missing someone is exquisite torture.

Cons:
They aren't around to cuddle you, cheer you up, have fun with.
Missing someone is exquisite torture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-3 17:31:22 |Display all floors

does it work?

it did in 80s but now?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-5 13:08:22 |Display all floors

such relationship will end after years

If two lovers are far away from each other for too many years...can their relationship still survive? I dont think so!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-5 14:05:18 |Display all floors

My thoughts

I agree a couple needs to be in proximity of each other for the relationship to work, but for a short time, I think long distance can survive.

However, both parties must be committed to each other, stay loyal and trust each other.

I ended one long distance r'ship and began another, so its a learning curve for me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-6 05:43:11 |Display all floors

I've been in a few LDR's and...

I came to realise that they just don't work if they start off where you haven't met them, like over the internet.

If you meet someone first, like at a party or whatever, and you develop a wonderful, loving relationship with them and then one of you has to go away for a while, then the LDR (long distance relationship) could work if you're both committed to each other.

But what use is 'commitment' when you haven't met a person yet?  The internet allows for a lot of LDRs to occur between people who never meet, but who think that they have fallen in love with someone over the internet.  It's not love though, because love only occurs when you know their whole body, mind and soul.  

It's not the person you love, but the idea of being in love with someone.  However, these types of LDRs have the greatest failure rate because it's too easy to find someone else who captures your mind and attention more than the one you're supposedly in a relationship with.

And what happens if you actually meet someone in the same city?  They are REAL, instead of the 'fantasy' that exists over the internet.

My experiences showed me that the only true love comes from a relationship that exists between two people who can touch each other and look at each other, and whisper sweet words into each other's ears.  Anything else is just a fantasy, a hope for a love that isn't real.

So now, if I 'meet someone' on the internet, I don't get too attached unless I meet them in real life, unless we can live in the same city and get to know each other.

Anything else is just an illusion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-6 07:57:30 |Display all floors

LDR- Internet or face to face?

I'll clarify that what I had in mind wasn't an internet relationship, but rather the sort where you meet someone and they have to go away.

I've never had an internet relationship and probably never will have, I prefer face to face contact.

I don't think that internet relationships have a high success rate, but there are exceptions to the rule.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.