Author: chairman

" ENLAI " from an era now passed - Chinese Premier ZHOU ENLAI -  Close [Copy link] 中文

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2005-1-31 22:18:22 |Display all floors

Why did Shan Huang allow the teenage mutant ninja englishman into here...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2005-1-31 23:05:30 |Display all floors

Documented: chairman on " ENLAI "

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-6 01:40:36 |Display all floors

This one

should have been pinned.

All respect to Premier Zhou from all Chinese people. All over to Premier Zhou for what he did for China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-6 04:02:48 |Display all floors

Never saw this post

I rate Zhou Enlai fairly highly. He was a moderate leader who only wanted the best for China and the Chinese people - compared to someone like Mao who was obsessed with control. He did his best to stop the Cultural Revolution when it got out of control and repair the damage caused by it.

Then there's the detante with the US - he paved the way for normalisation of relations with the West.

He wasn't perfect and was a member of the government when some terrible things happened. However I think of the teachings of my namesake - Mencius - who wrote about Yi Yin. Yi Yin was a man who would serve any government, even if it was undeniably awful, so long as he would be able to improve things some way. I think this is a good way of viewing Zhou.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-6 10:37:24 |Display all floors

Caught This Private Conversation

Mr_lixy and mensius the picture of "ENLAI" should be draped  in black for that was then and this is now, to wallow in the past is really derelect disrespect of the hard work people are doing.

No post will be pinned if it is just 20 X20 hindsight it's as if we don't have anything to do with present day China and want to show our picture gallery and we have many heroes to show and tell about as yet that day may come.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-6 12:52:09 |Display all floors

broken_heart

The man - or woman in your case - that lives in the past harms the present, that is true, but the man - or woman - that ignores the past, harms the future.

There is a big difference between living in the past and acknowledging both the bad and the good about the past and how the good that helped form our nation was just as important as the bad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-6 14:47:20 |Display all floors

Hey, “Mencius” …..

So, trying to talk like an ancient sage?

We know when we see a fake one and we are only laughing our hearts out.

" ....... was a man who would serve any government, even if it was undeniably awful, so long as he would be able to improve things some way. I think this is a good way of viewing Zhou.”

Correction, the right word is “AWESOME” and not “awful”.

There, you remind me of myself.  Yes, when it comes to my people and my family, I am totally humbled and loyal.  But first, let me gut the viscera out of you and I assure you a nice job will be done.

Rest assured that I will make terrible mess out of you in the process, being not professionally trained in any surgical eradication, but I will do a meticulous work, my other trained profession.

Hehehe ......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.