Author: yelson

By the end of this year,Tell me WHo is your favorite CCTV Host or Hostess for yo [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-3-22 15:04:08 |Display all floors

reply to CCTV-9 haters

…Whatever….guys….different ppl have different tastes….I might spend hours in front of de TV watching Susan on CCTV-9 News…in mute….meanwhile you would love to stay up in de toilet reading comics half day without getting bored….without flushing too…I know your smelled….but whatz wrong with that….just suit urself….

First of all I am not Chinese……Second…I realized that all the broadcasters are overseas chinese…..so at least they hav the accent…..for those whose speak after the screen you may find itz quite odd….Let me put in this way…CCTV-9 is meant for oversea audience
…what if CCTV hired all local speakers…whose are all fobbies….do you think CCTV-9 was qualified enuff  ???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-22 18:17:55 |Display all floors

How can we expect the world only has ONE voice?

It is quite understandable for some apparently biased expats dont like everything in China. I think they will hold the same opinion even in their home country.

Nothing wrong with their dislike.

Let them hate anything they would like to hate!

Let's enjoy CCTV9 !

Let's enjoy the beautiful life!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-22 23:17:30 |Display all floors

why

do some people take everything so personally?

CCTV9 is RUBBISH.  mind-numbingly boring

please try and get your heads around it - i'm anti-CCTV9 not anti-china!  is that too much to grasp?  sit back, take a deep breath and engage your brain before you type

the foreigners on there are worse than the chinese imo - especially Da Shan.  his learning chinese programme is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard

this channel sucks - sucks for news (regurgitated, spot an error at 1 o' clock and it's still there at 2 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 4 o'clock....) sucks for documentaries, sucks for sport, it just plain sucks

i don't know one person who thinks it's any good

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-23 12:18:51 |Display all floors

Rubbish is what she said.

It is quite understandable for some apparently biased expats dont like everything in China. I think they will hold the same opinion even in their home country.

Nothing wrong with their dislike.

Let them hate anything they would like to hate!

Let's enjoy CCTV9 !

Let's enjoy the beautiful life!

-- Let's learn good English so we don't say stupid things like that. Oh there is nothing wrong with your English, my mistake. Why is it you sound so naive and corny? Life is not all beautiful (let's enjoy the beautiful life is CHINGLISH and sounds TERRIBLE) - there is war, murder, rape, exploitation of natural resources, pollution, corruption...oh but CCTV9 doesn't show these. Now you tell me who is biased - ME or CCTV9 (aka State Propaganda) Get off your High China Horse...I'm not a biased expat, you are a biased Chinese, no?

please try and get your heads around it - i'm anti-CCTV9 not anti-china!

-- She can't. She is so enveloped  in her nationalism she cannot possibly see one thing wrong with her nation. If anyone can find one thing wrong with her nation they are anti-nation not anti-something. It's kinda like Jews and Israel. Say one bad thing about th em and you are Anti-Semite. It's a problem of propaganda --feel sorry for her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-23 14:07:55 |Display all floors

yeah. i feel it sour when looking for the english info on its website for a rese

I don't know what i quote is the secondary source or third.

But some teachers annoyed that when i use homegrown something,or my country,,,,,,,our country..........

Okay...... I quiet enjoy the weather broadcast if i get accest to cctv 9 at right time.

Yeah.... Might for Foreignors, they don't need cctv at all, and you found less  Advertising posted in this kinda of channel as there is low rate of viewer .....kidding.

yeah i like to tell a story that,

a naughty monkey  went out to find thing to eat, he picked up "the food" happily and tasted but dropped it away when the next one come into his sight.... Finaly he was curious about a rubbish and threw up the giant watermelo to chase after the rubbish. ofcoz he failed to catch the rubbish.

For Chinese viewer, i think they can started to read something they like and then moved to the higher level they puesue........

Finally they can abandom CCTV, and to chase foreign and world brand media......But whoknow, who will he or she get if its nature limited coself to live up to the standard.

it is always open to debate there with people from different areas to souport and oppose something rose here

...take it or leave it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-23 21:24:28 |Display all floors

mmm

Jacqueline Chen is MY pretend media girlfriend.  I saw her first.  

CCTV 9's pretty good I think, apart from that snevelling git Yang Rui and the current crop of Chinglish used in their adverts.  

I wonder how happy the Bank of China's directors would be if they knew the English in their adverts was basically garbage.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-24 17:32:22 |Display all floors

What about Edwin?

Doesn't anyone like Edwin Maher?

I am not sure if he's on CCTV 4 or CCTV 9.

He was a very popular weather presenter and newsreader in Melbourne.

Cheers

JB

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.