Views: 3383|Replies: 7

Will you gonna to try your bilingual ability( tell me meaning ) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-12-2 10:05:07 |Display all floors
Life and death of a hero

You were well advised to leave your pity at the door of Christopher Reeve's airy, sun-filled home, hidden amid the rolling ("meadows" ) and white wooden barns of upstate New York. What struck you first, as he was steered into the room, was his commanding height: his throne-like wheelchair lifted his broad-shouldered bulk off the ground; sitting down, you found yourself tilting your head upwards to look at him.

The accident's power over him was diminishing, he said, as his ventilator sucked and hissed. He no longer snapped awake in the quiet hours, forced to confront, all over again, the fact that he had no sensation from the neck down. He didn't need to turn away when he was driven past the barn where he kept Buck, the thoroughbred horse from which he had been thrown in 1995, breaking his neck. But learning to live with his "paralysis" wasn't the same as resigning himself to it. "I've still never had a dream that I'm disabled," he said. "Never." He had vowed, controversially, to walk again by the age of 50. At the time, that deadline was three weeks away.

Walking by 50 had only ever been a hope, not a prediction, Reeve insisted. But what made the news of his death so acutely "disorienting "was the fact that, on some level, so many of us thought that, eventually - albeit a few years behind schedule - he might actually do it. Of course, he had always stressed that ordinary disabled people were the real superheroes in response to the inevitable movie-themed questions. But for the rest of us, the personal narrative was too seductive to resist: Superman, brought down to earth, ultimately triumphs again through sheer force of will.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-2 10:10:45 |Display all floors

你这种人最是无聊!白象一个!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-2 10:16:40 |Display all floors

禁止抄袭

No pains,no gains.(一份耕耘,一份收获。)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-2 10:48:17 |Display all floors

It is not hard to grasp the main idea of this article.

But how to translate it into Chinese smoothly is a quetion you need to think twice ,in addition, you might need to do some homework to work out the proper word match Chinese to the English.

Do you think it is Cheeting if someone use.....

please  Check out the Rule percifically.

hehe I read a simiar artical about  "the hero" in the magzine of "English  Learning" publised by Beiwai, and it has attached its translation.so i m afraid that help me to do it better.

just KIDDING.  i DON'T have much time to this translation..and confused meself by checking many strange words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-7 19:22:41 |Display all floors

test

你会被告知将你的惋惜留在Christopher Reeve那空旷,阳光充足的家门外;藏于上纽约州齐整的草地和白木古仓间。 当Christopher Reeve被舵进来时,你首先会惊诧于其居高凌下的身高:他的王座般的轮椅将他的宽肩身躯举离地面;你坐下来时不得不仰视他。

伴随着换气扇吸气的嘘声,他说那场事故对他的影响在日渐消退。他不会再从安宁的睡眠中突然惊醒而努力强迫自己去面对他从颈部以下失去知觉的现实。驾车经过谷仓时他不需要调头去看他的受过良好训练的马- Buck,1995年他折断颈部后就舍弃了它。 但是学会生活在瘫痪中与接受瘫痪这个现实相去径庭。 Christopher Reeve说:“我仞然没有梦到我是个残疾人,从来没有。”他发誓要在50岁时重新走路。当时离他50岁只有3星期。

Reeve强调到50岁时走路仅仅是个希望而不是预期中的事。但是他的死讯使我们感到这么震惊的是由于在一定程度上我们中许多人相信他会做到,尽管这可能还会有几年的时间。当然,他时常强调正常残疾人在回应诸如不可避免的电影主题问题上都是超级英雄。但是对于我们来说,Reeve的故事太有魅力了以至于无法抵制:超人,就算被打回原型,仍然能凭其全然的意志力量成功。 

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-13 10:43:56 |Display all floors

Thanks

Mab

You can try your work in Translation Competing Platform placed in another session of Cd forum, which can help you win bonnus if you win enough score for your tranlation work

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-13 13:27:17 |Display all floors

well

For detailed introduction about Reeve, here I recommend u to read <Superman>(超人) at Book.sina.com.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.