Views: 18105|Replies: 21

How do you motivate yourself when you feel depressed? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-11-22 03:20:23 |Display all floors
How do you motivate yourself to seek more knowledge?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-22 16:43:28 |Display all floors

Just by my interest.

To seek more knowledge.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-22 20:13:08 |Display all floors

perhaps you can get some knowledge by obligation.

first you should force yourself to do some job you are not interested. based on this premise, you can then do your job good even though it is boring to you. when you get used to it, you can do more excellent than you expected.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-23 08:45:15 |Display all floors

Sometimes this kind of depression is caused by boredom...

If, say, a student is spending all his time "hitting the books" -- it can become tedious and depressing.

Sometimes, it is helpful to take a break -- go out and do something active and interesting.  Let the body and mind be refreshed.  Actually, fresh air and exercise can do wonders for many kinds of depression.

Also, I have always found it helpful to engage in discussions (such as with fellow classmates, my father, on the internet boards, etc.) in what I was learning (or supposed to be learning) at the time.  This was always a great stimulation to do some more research to either support my views or decide what my views were in the first place.  Discussion can also help one think through the material and grasp a better understanding. Furthermore, social interaction is another good cure for depression.

A third suggestion might be to try to find some practical application for the knowledge one is learning.  Not just learning knowledge for the sake of learning -- but for putting it to some practical use in the world.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-23 14:46:23 |Display all floors

I agree

Firstly, I appreciate  taking a deep breath.
Then, sit in a lonely place, letting my mind go anywhere it wants to go ....
it calls, separate therapy:)

Use magic tools Report

konlon has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-23 16:47:29 |Display all floors

to forget anything unhappy and look ahead of your future

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-24 11:15:47 |Display all floors

forget the upset thing

for me ,if I feel depressed,I would do some sports with my friends!It's a good method,this would make you excited and forget some depressed things.Aslo,you can find you close friend,talking trash with him or her!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.