Views: 8434|Replies: 38

A tricky Singaporean slut finally came out of the closet [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-11-1 14:36:06 |Display all floors
Author: Lau Guan Kim
Date:   10-31-04 19:10

I can understand the feelings of a Korean who wrote he feared China, if judging by the ongoing in this Forum of the China bigots and zealots here.

Most revealing, he also wrote he had no respect for China.

About a year ago I came to this China forum to enjoy and exchange views. Because I did not write endorsing the CCP or the Chinese behaviour totally, I was classified as a China hater, albeit it was known elsewhere how much I love China.

In one of easing period when a China bigot was pleased with what I wrote about China, he said in a private message I should stand hundred per cent behind CCP and not be critical at all. I was able to know subsequently a short period of the China bigots’ amity towards me was a discovery, so they felt, that I was actually pro-CCP and with them.

Here the China bigots classified themselves as patriots.

So, my tenure here in China Daily forums can be hustle-free if I endorse fully these bigots’ pro-CCP stand. You cannot question or even ask questions why the CCP behave in such and such a way.

As one China bigot wrote in China Daily with the chilling words, “China is always right and never wrong.” That is frightening and disturbing, and fear as well as disdain crept into my psyche that this is not the China I want.

I was beginning to have doubts of my past support and frequent effusing empathy for China. Even with that, the China bigots representing a side of China now force in me a feeling I am not a Chinese at all.

Suddenly I see a threatening and blustering China that will be even more so if it becomes more powerful.

The pain inside my soul is whether I should love this China as I loved before or become a strident critic now so that the China of my parents will not be a land of people under tyranny and oppressive yoke.

The China bigots and zealots represent a picture of China that makes me cringe. As a result I gave up all my plans to retire in China, because I sense the politics of China is very dangerous and uncertain.

Chinese chauvinism and nationalism make it ride roughshod over many detractors of China. Now in what they perceived as their ascendancy, they put the fear in non-Chinese and Chinese of their thirst for revenge and redress of perceived humiliations.

This is not the New China that I want; and I now know that China bigots and zealots are giving China a bad name.

As of this moment I shall be questioning about China under CCP as my conscionable inner being dictates.

Most importantly, China is not always right, nor is it always wrong. It has to behave itself as a normal country with all its warts and moles in the world community of nations.

For a safe China, a China that can be loved and respected, there is no room for the China bigots and zealots.

Indeed, there is no room for Chinese chauvinism.

[End]

(from http://www.asiawind.com/forums/read.php?f=3&i=142142&t=142142)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 14:47:11 |Display all floors

This is the kick in the face the old farrt got from forumites of asiawind.com

Author: rethink
Date:   10-31-04 19:39

whatever your psychological problems may be or whatever your past frustrations had been you debased yourself posting such a crap in this forum.

Chinese reactions to bullying have been wantonly conerted into evidence of Chinese bigotry, chauvinism and threat. You should be invaluable addition to the squad of anti-chinese propagandist funded by the American neocons and the intoxicated Japanese 'leader of all Asia'

(from http://www.asiawind.com/forums/read.php?f=3&i=142143&t=142142 )

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 15:11:52 |Display all floors

I see

SS Tub writes in asiawind under the name of rethink.

Rethink should re-think before pushing "submit" button.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 15:15:33 |Display all floors

The neurologist who checked LGK's brain obviously made a huge mistake !! and we

From: "Lau Guan Kim" <laugkim@starhub.net.sg>  View Contact Details  
To: ***@**.org, **@***.au, ***@***.com
Subject: I am back a few hours ago
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 19:17:58 +0800

From the outset I have indicated  T** *** not to let others know until I am out. The short message was sent by a nurse in the emergency department of Changi General Hospital.

I hurt my head badly in teh blakout fall, but the neurologist certified no damage to my brain.

It was thought I had a stroke, but this was now narrowed to medication and condition of my heart which had a perennial bradycardia due to atenolol.. Syncope seemed to be the suspect

The top cardiologist at the hospital decided to hold back the pacemaker, as he felt it might be the betablocker atenolol.

This medication is now withdrawn

Now my heart beat faster, but at this moment I am feeling a fast heart beat a little uncomfortable.

There will be a few more tests before they do the intrusive surgery to my heart. Personally I feel they wiil end up inserting the pacemaker, but the top cardiologsit isa personal friend and I have complete fatith in waht he is trying to do

Will tell you more later, as I have so many things to attend.

I have hidden a few posts that are not good as they contain strong words and also acrimonious. I hope Prof. Lee can look into that, the one on the Nanjing Rape.

Regards

Guan Kim

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 15:34:39 |Display all floors

Thanks TheStud. This is based on his own testimony and will therefore stay.

You are not alone in this feeling Thestud.  

I have known this man for six years going on seven and it took me two years to find out where his heart actually belonged.

When I finally found out, I was shocked.

I was shocked because I found out he was more Japanese than Chinese in his inner-most world of self-identity and such identity was very different from what he was presenting to us all along.  

During the exchanges after the first two years, I had noticed that whenever he was cornered he would start using Japanese handles to defend himself and from that moment on all kinds of dirty anti-China epithets would burst forth.

A previously unbeknownst side of him would gust forth like venom from a cobra's fangs.

If I had told people what I saw no one would have believed me, just like few of us ever believed stories about UFOs (unidentified flying objects) because we always thought there must be another explanation for such eerie phenomenon to have taken place.

So no one would believe me if I said that the man was a closet Sinophobe -- someone who would act like Singaporean Prime Minister Woo Zhuodong during the SARS outbreak of May, 2003 -- someone who had so little true understanding of the Chinese psyche, their culture or their government at heart that he would start calling the Chinese people truly awful names as soon as something went wrong.

Yet his vanity would not allow him to stop right there.  Instead, he would continue to write to compete with people to whom knowledge about China is taken for granted, like you and me.

If a new friend likes my posts and praises me, he would go berserk and got into a fist-fight with him too, even though the man had even declined to engage or react to his challenge.

So let us keep for posterity his 'copyrighted' public announcement here:

I can understand the feelings of a Korean who wrote he feared China, if judging by the ongoing in this Forum of the China bigots and zealots here.

Most revealing, he also wrote he had no respect for China.

About a year ago I came to this China forum to enjoy and exchange views. Because I did not write endorsing the CCP or the Chinese behavior totally, I was classified as a China hater, albeit it was known elsewhere how much I love China.

In one of easing period when a China bigot was pleased with what I wrote about China, he said in a private message I should stand hundred per cent behind CCP and not be critical at all. I was able to know subsequently a short period of the China bigots’ amity towards me was a discovery, so they felt, that I was actually pro-CCP and with them.

Here the China bigots classified themselves as patriots.

So, my tenure here in China Daily forums can be hustle-free if I endorse fully these bigots’ pro-CCP stand. You cannot question or even ask questions why the CCP behave in such and such a way.

As one China bigot wrote in China Daily with the chilling words, “China is always right and never wrong.” That is frightening and disturbing, and fear as well as disdain crept into my psyche that this is not the China I want.

I was beginning to have doubts of my past support and frequent effusing empathy for China. Even with that, the China bigots representing a side of China now force in me a feeling I am not a Chinese at all.

Suddenly I see a threatening and blustering China that will be even more so if it becomes more powerful.

The pain inside my soul is whether I should love this China as I loved before or become a strident critic now so that the China of my parents will not be a land of people under tyranny and oppressive yoke.

The China bigots and zealots represent a picture of China that makes me cringe. As a result I gave up all my plans to retire in China, because I sense the politics of China is very dangerous and uncertain.

Chinese chauvinism and nationalism make it ride roughshod over many detractors of China. Now in what they perceived as their ascendancy, they put the fear in non-Chinese and Chinese of their thirst for revenge and redress of perceived humiliations.

This is not the New China that I want; and I now know that China bigots and zealots are giving China a bad name.

As of this moment I shall be questioning about China under CCP as my conscionable inner being dictates.

Most importantly, China is not always right, nor is it always wrong. It has to behave itself as a normal country with all its warts and moles in the world community of nations.

For a safe China, a China that can be loved and respected, there is no room for the China bigots and zealots.

Indeed, there is no room for Chinese chauvinism.

[End]

(From http://www.asiawind.com/forums/read.php?f=3&i=142142&t=142142)

Please note the following:

No one ever asked him to love China.  No one ever uttered so much as one syllable to suggest to him that with a name like LGK (which showed that he had Chinese roots) he probably felt the same way about China as the average man-in-the-street.

We weren’t even close in our estimation of the scope of his deceit.

The guy understands very little, let alone 'in depth,' about China.  His various 'analytical' pieces showed that his deficiencies are beyond redemption.

Still, what may come as a surprise to most people is not his lack of basic understanding of China, but how COLD he really is in his FEELINGS towards China and her people.

It looks like he is again yelling 'ME, ME, ME" and that's all he actually cared about.

But this "zibai” or "self-talk" is very precious.  It gives us valuable insight as to how he actually thinks about China using his own words.

These two paragraphs are the most revealing:

No one ever coerced him to say he loves China.  He was the one who VOLUNTEERED the information or PRETENDED to have read enough about China to understand and love her.

Such pretensions get funnier.  He uploaded Japanese Hanji to show that he knew some Chinese; while in fact he knew nothing about the language at all.   He used a Japanese dictionary and called the Sino-Japanese War of 1894-5 "Ri Qing Zhanzhen" rather than the Chinese name of "Zhong-Ri Zhanzhen."

He never actively asked the Japanese to apologize for their atrocities in China in writing so that similar events would not recur.  Instead, he argues round and round until daybreak without saying anything,

He never apologized for his own Freudian slip or uncouth remarks about Mainland women as 'whores of the world.'

And now he even denigrates the ascendancy (a term used mainly and firstly by laowais, e.g. author William Holt in his epic 1993 book "The Rise of China”) of China as evidence of something bad.  He uses the word "their" as in 'THEIR ascendancy' to distance himself from the real Chinese people.

His poor understanding of China is also reflected in his claim that the Chinese have 'chauvinism' and 'nationalism' to make them 'ride roughshod over many detractors of China.'

He mentions his 'cringe' and his former plans of retirement in China, which truly give us all a hearty laugh?

A Singaporean man like him cannot just go and retire in China.  Not having a Chinese passport make him a foreigner so that means he has to apply to be a resident -- someone who is useful in the new constructs of the Chinese nation.

His fear is equally irrational in that more than half a million Taiwanese have migrated to the mainland from Taiwan.  

So it looks like his fears and 'cringe' are not based on facts.

This is so different from the way he had presented himself in the past that it only serves to reinforce the ironclad argument that he has been falsely presenting to us his Sinophilic credentials all this time.

What he needs is a psychiatrist, and there are no ifs or buts about these needs of his.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 16:57:38 |Display all floors

where is the slut?

I have been led here under false pretenses.

sigh...that's theTub for ya.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-2 03:15:26 |Display all floors

It seems Asiawind is controlled by a forum terrorist dictatorship

No freedom of speech, no democracy. Too bad.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.