Views: 15922|Replies: 6

China's Sanya bans inappropriate live streaming behaviors [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2020-1-11 13:46:37 |Display all floors
(CGTN) Sanya City in south China's Hainan Province, a maritime city popular among Chinese and international tourists for its tropical scenery and beautiful beaches, recently issued several regulations and punishments targeting live streamers' inappropriate and invasive behaviors at its Dadong Sea scenic spot.

Behaviors in question include harassing other tourists, teasing tourists with vulgar language, disturbing physical contacts and photographing tourists without consent.

Sanya is among one of the most popular destinations for live streamers in China. A significant number travel to the Dadong Sea scenic spot to record livestreams of themselves tasting local seafood, taking yachts on the sea or traversing the beach.

Those who choose to stay by the beach would perform live singing or dancing, or interact with strangers.

The increase in live streaming has helped Sanya attract more tourists, but complaints have also increased.

In August and September 2019, the management company of Dadong Sea tourist area received at least one to two complaints every day aimed at the camera-toting live streamers, according to an official from the company. "On some days, you'd see a live streamer every ten steps of walking on the beach," he told Southern Metropolis Daily.

According to a report from Beijing Youth Daily, most of the tourists approached by the live streamers are young attractive females. Even after expressing their displeasure at being filmed, live streamers continue with their filming most times, ignoring their requests.

"Waves, beaches and beautiful girls" is a winning formula for a popular livestream, as told by an industry practitioner. These live streamers would aggressively approach girls, trying to get them on stream to attract more viewers. They'd also sometimes show these girls viewers' comments about them in the live chat channel, making the situation even more irritating and uncomfortable.

Noise disturbance is another cause of complaints. Many tourists headed to the beach for a time of relaxation are often greeted by live streamers shouting into a microphone.

Residents who live in the area are also affected. Some of them told Beijing Youth Daily that they were not against live streaming, but against live streamers causing troubles for those who have no interest in becoming a viewer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-1-11 15:25:00 |Display all floors
Money + Selfishness  = Disaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-1-11 15:27:16 |Display all floors
I went there some 8 years ago.It was already too crowded for my liking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2020-1-11 15:27
I went there some 8 years ago.It was already too crowded for my liking.

You added to that situation.

Use magic tools Report

Newtown Post time: 2020-1-12 11:53
You added to that situation.

Yep!Hitched a ride with three other friends. We drove all the way from Shenzhen to Sanya.
The roads were not that good then. I expect much improvement have been made since.
We may make another run this Summer.

Use magic tools Report

I was told nobody goes there because it's too crowded
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2 DayEarlier 12:31 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2020-1-12 15:30
I was told nobody goes there because it's too crowded

By people who didn't go there?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.