Views: 1527|Replies: 5

U.S. kicks off withdrawal from Paris Agreement [Copy link] 中文

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
(Xinhua) The United States began on Monday the process of withdrawing from the Paris Agreement, according to a statement by U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. [File Photo: VCG]

U.S. President Donald Trump announced in June 2017 that his country would leave the Paris Agreement.

According to the agreement, its signatories can only formally request to quit the pact three years after it takes force, which falls upon Nov. 4, 2019, and the withdrawal will take effect one year from delivery of the notification, meaning that the United States will formally pull out of the pact on Nov. 4, 2020.

The decision made the United States the only nation among nearly 200 signatories that abandoned this global agenda on combating climate change.

Trump announced the withdrawal soon after he took office, citing concerns about the pact's threat to the U.S. economy.

The Trump administration also rolled back environmental rules made in the Obama era to prop up the coal industry by allowing it to emit more greenhouse gases into the air.

Andrew Steer, president of the Washington D.C.-based environmental group World Resources Institute, said on Monday in a statement that by withdrawing from the Paris Agreement, the Trump administration is showing that it cares about neither science nor economics.

"Smart climate action, which is being carried forward through the agreement, promotes greater economic efficiency, drives innovation, and provides long-term policy consistency," said Steer.

Today's announcement that the U.S. government is officially withdrawing from the agreement is incredibly short-sighted, according to a statement issued on Monday by Nature Conservancy, an environmental organization in the United States.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors

US President Donald Trump must show his authority and power to destroy all good done by former US President Barack Obama so that history will remember Obama as evil and useless person misled US into bottomless pit holes.

More is on the way for Trump to get his hands on. He is doing great favor to other G7 members and the rest of the world. Peace is destoryed in his hands. He puts up wall but only to be sawn and people walk through safely.

GREAT! TRUMP HAS DONE ABOVE CALL OF NATURE!

Use magic tools Report

GhostBuster Post time: 2019-11-6 08:52
US President Donald Trump must show his authority and power to destroy all good done by former US  ...

I can't help it it; but to me he's still the best Leader uncle Sam ever had...

Of course I'm fully aware that the Western Press (SMILE) is giving him a hard time...

Many folks do NOT comprehend that uncle Sam's 2 party system is more SINGLE party minded as the Middle Kingdom's...
    Deep inside themselves, they're fully aware that they got 2 choices, be with, or against the Middle Kingdom...
    Against; the futuristic outlook is as bleak as India's air pollution...
        Not that they like China, but the US is like H.K.; "Money is a guarantee that we may have what we want in the future"

Buy today, pay tomorrow

Use magic tools Report

emanreus Post time: 2019-11-6 11:12

Of course I'm fu ...

US citizens are considered to be the top three smartest people on Earth.
They prove by voting in democratic process to have a person smarter than them to be their president.
It is a very difficult task! Only US does it perfectly with top form!

Use magic tools Report

emanreus Post time: 2019-11-6 11:12

Of course I'm fu ...

Probably, the concept of money does not exist in US. Reason is all that is required is to print as and when it desires without restricition in any form. That is US!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 3 DayEarlier |Display all floors
They all fit on Dr Phil show !
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.