Author: knox1234

Beijing will do what it takes to support HK’s economy [Copy link] 中文

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2019-9-10 17:31
That is precisely a vital issue in modern day China: it almost completely refuses any self-examina ...

You are wrong there!  I am sure the Chinese leadership has more than learnt the lessons of the past, that's why they have not sent in the PLA troops to maintain order in HK where the situation justifies such a move!  You are not reading Chinese politics correctly because of your Western blinkers!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Supporting HK in its current turmoil where rioting is not likely to end, is like pouring money into a black hole!  BJ is not so dumb to do that; rioting must end first and things return to normal before there is any talk of support.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-9-11 11:42
You are wrong there!  I am sure the Chinese leadership has more than learnt the lessons of the pas ...

You contradict yourself here: if the current situation in HK "justifies" a move to send in the PLA troops then why hasn't this been done ? Either it must be because they fear suffering a great loss of face and create even more turmoil in HK by doing so, or the administration of "justice" does not exist under the one country, two systems policy. Which one ?

Use magic tools Report

Newtown Post time: 2019-9-12 07:50
You contradict yourself here: if the current situation in HK "justifies" a move to send in the PLA ...

re: " Which one ?"

You forgot the 3rd option, which is the root of the saga...

In comparison, arrest in Japan usually involves a very lengthy stay in police detention...
      If you are found guilty of a relatively minor offense, you may receive a suspended sentence of one to five years (meaning you would not have to go to prison). If you are not convicted of another offense in Japan during that time, your sentence would be cancelled. If you are convicted of another offense in Japan during the suspension, you would have to serve both the initial sentence and the new sentence.

Californian student remains in police detention 8 months awaiting trial after breaking lamp in Tokyo bar...

I guess you get the meaning ol'chap...

Use magic tools Report

emanreus Post time: 2019-9-12 10:00
re: " Which one ?"

You forgot the 3rd option, which is the root of the saga...

So you think that the system of law enforcement and justice in HK should more closely resemble that of Japan. That must be a very rare example of China needing to become like its traditional enemy. Perhaps the whole of HK society and its administration could begin to resemble Japan and that would resolve many of these problems. It would be a wondeerful experience for tourists from the mainland to then visit HK to see how different that place was from their own. Great idea !

Use magic tools Report

Newtown Post time: 2019-9-12 11:15
So you think that the system of law enforcement and justice in HK should more closely resemble tha ...

I was well aware that such a reply would be forthcoming.

However, as I expected you're a extremely weak negotiator ...

I suppose I guessed correctly that you would be unable to get my meaning ol'chap...

Not to worry,  I do hope that you'll learn from your misadventures  and appreciate such free and simple advises...

I've been wrong a many times, but our ability to learn and adjust are unlimited

Use magic tools Report

Newtown Post time: 2019-9-12 07:50
You contradict yourself here: if the current situation in HK "justifies" a move to send in the PLA ...

No contradiction at all!  Situation justifies sending in PLA, but commonsense says to hold back because there are consequences,  includng US sanctions, US withdrawal of HK's special free trade status with US, etc

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.