Views: 3707|Replies: 2

Does 号 look like a trumpet? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-7-27 21:42:35 |Display all floors
The shape of 号 is funny which exactly looks like a ‘trumpet’!
The top of the Chinese character is 口 that means ‘mouth’ or ‘hole’. Ancient chinese thought that sounds came from sorts of holes in the nature. That folk artist told me he could make whistle for his trumpet performance that needed a special plant gowing in the pond as raw material. He can produce kinds of music with the the whistle in the mouth!   Normally he blows the whistle to metal part of the trumpet just as the bottom of 号 shows! The middle horizon line of 号 represents the coin-like metal closed to the artist‘s lips and the curved stroke goes like the passage through which the sound will become larger and noisy! ’
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-8-1 01:46:27 |Display all floors
nonono, 口 means an entry but not a hole. in your way it is dirty word.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-8-1 20:17:21 |Display all floors
darvei Post time: 2019-8-1 01:46
nonono, 口 means an entry but not a hole. in your way it is dirty word.

‘Dirty word’?  Why did you think in that way? English is a magic language in which you can express the same idea in different methods. I remember the dictionary definite the word ‘window’ as the following: A hole in the wall of your house through which air can freely get in and out. Do you think this kind of ‘hole’ also ‘dirty’?
Anyway thanks for your contribution to my writing. I enjoy debating with others!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.