Views: 4360|Replies: 4

Mother's Day: Ready to share? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-5-8 09:31:21 |Display all floors
Sunday is Mother's Day, a day to give thanks to moms who brought us up and made us who we are. What has your mother done to make an impact on your life? What are the things you admire her most? What are the most touching moments that happened between you and your mother? Share your favorite story about your mom or anything you'd like to say to her on the special day.
5ab5c9ea15ce36d3c5688b0c36f33a87e950b199.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-8 09:43:02 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-5-8 14:50:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2019-5-8 14:51

Mothers day is another marketing con....
why do we need one day of the year to tell our mothers how special they are? should be  telling them that most days...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-8 17:43:06 |Display all floors
Mother's day is cool. We need a special day which can make moms feel special. Sometimes it is hard for us to say something sweet to our moms, but on mother's day that will become easier. I definitely love my mom. Though she may be just a common woman in others' eyes, not pretty nor clever, but she is the best in my world. I appreciate everything my mom has done for me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-9 13:14:13 |Display all floors
i find it a contradiction that China has such an attitude to 'western festivals'.
on the one hand, there are more calls to reject non-Chinese celebrations and a condemnation of those who seek to promote them - think the places that have 'banned Christmas'. And on the other hand there is the OTT attention focused on what many foreign workers would prefer to celebrate privately.

Ultimately is shows that if there is money to be made selling ANYTHING, China will promote 'special days'.
Double 11 in November was invented and is promoted as a festival of consumption.
I would challenge anyone to explain the origins of Mother's Day to us here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-10 02:32:42 |Display all floors
MY WORLD MOST FAVORITE PERSON MY MOTHER
Every Day is Mother's Day!  When you knew how to speak, what is your first word? It is the Mother. We are grown up in the arms of our mothers. No one loves us like our mothers, no one is willing to sacrifice everything for us like our mothers. If someone asks me “Who are your favorite person and your inspiration and your everything? I will say it is my mother. I admire my mother. She was always busy taking care family also she doing her govt. job. But she never said she was tired. She loves us more than her life. My mother was my teacher, friends, adviser, an inspiration for everything. Who can I share all my problem and stories in life.  When I am sad, ill happy or stressful, my mother was always with my side and comfort me. Sometimes I was angry with my mother because she reminds me too much thing. After my Secondary School Certificate examination result after I realize everything. She just wants her son to be good. Making my mother cry is the worst  thing but I did. In 2009 I did not study properly, I was reading novel and newspaper also visit outside too much. When my secondary school certificate examination result was published. My result was average not so good. It was the biggest bad situation in my life. Only one person always beside me she is my mother. I saw her tears that time.   
She cried. She told me many times that I should not lose my time another work. I needed to focus on my studying but I ignore her advice. She always supports me anything otherwise I cannot do anything after my S.S.C. My mother gives me everything in my life, she is the best. The greatest women in the world and my heart. My mother's death was on May 24, 2012, at Samorita Hospital Dhaka, Bangladesh. She was suffering from Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder for a few years. Her tomb is at our home district Thakurgaon. My father and my younger brother always go there.  I came to China in September 2015. Since then I did not go back home. When i go to my country I will also go there.  We are all miss my mother so much, especially our religious festival.  My mother "Anowara Khatun" (23-02-1969: 24-05-2012)- 7th death anniversary is coming soon. Everybody pray for my mother for her jannat and my family. May Allah bless us all.   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.